Storm rtr plus

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Now, I've heard that it comes w/ at high-torque steering servo, can anyone verify this? I'm just wanting to know, and I know if it does, it'll only be like 90 or something, and I'd plan on switching it out anyway, I just don't want to have to replace it right away.

Also, does anyone have this buggy? If so, how do you like it and such; problem areas, ect. - you know, the usual.

I'm considering getting one because I recently came into $300, so it's storm rtr plus, dell axim, or $300 worth of crap for the savage. lol.

Thanks in advance.

The radio system and servos are crap on the new one.Its a good buggy overall for the price, but if you have a nice radio for your Savage, get a RX and use it on the Storm.

Ya, I have a futaba 2PL which I use for my savage, and I happen to have a spare reciever, I just don't have the money for servos...

get a mayhem or jammin instead.

-Ult

the hyper7 is a good buggy as well, will give you better handling and better suspension.

LOL, I think he may have about a $300 limit???? Nothing really wrong with the Storm its just an entry level buggy

the only thing that i didn't like about the storm plus was the handling(steering) and suspension ratings on the RC Driver Mag.

psunitro said:
LOL, I think he may have about a $300 limit???? Nothing really wrong with the Storm its just an entry level buggy

lol, exactly, it's the $300 limit holding me back, otherwise, I'd get a hyper 7 pbs...

Also, the reason I've chosen the storm over the OFNA buggies is the fact that the storm is race-legal...which the $300 ofna buggies are no where close to...And from what I've heard, the storm is pretty good actually. I know a guy who races his storm rtr almost entirely stock, and wins quite often...

Now, what's the difference between the storm rtr PLUS, and the regular (discontinued) storm RTR besides the radio system?

Also, if anyone has a race-legal buggy w/ everything needed to get out and run it (except the basic little things that you need for any nitro...) that meets my $300 budget, let me know...

Last edited:
The Plus has a lot of the hop ups that would normally be done to the Storm RTR. I have a Storm RTR and have been upgrading it as time goes on. It's a fun buggy. Pretty strong too.

Well, I am selling my Storm REALLY soon....i'll pm ya. The RTR + does not really he "hop-ups" Same thickness towers,which are a weak point.I didnt see much different when I had the 2 side by side.

then dont buy anythin, b/c 300 might just get u into something. but all the expenses thereafter will push u way beyond it. so thus wait.

-Ult

Well, hopefully I'll have another $250 or so coming my way along w/ the $300, so I'm still pondering over what to do.

And psunitro, I got your PM and replied, and I forgot to say that if I decide against it, it'll most likely be due to the fact that I'll have decided against getting another nitro. I'll be getting a real car soon, and might not have the money to race and pay for car expenses. Also, the deciding factor for just any buggy will be if this track near me is any good. I found a supposed nice track near me, but I'll have to wait untill I get home to check it out (I'm on vacation up in Lake Michigan right now)

btw my friend, i have all GS cars so i'm not biased, in fact the opposite. place ur money elsewhere other than the storm right now.

-Ult

Ya, but I don't have parts support for xtm, and it's not race legal...

And, anyone else have anything else to say about the storm? bad, good, w/e?

Last edited:
hell dude, i will tell you to buy the hyper 7 tq, but if you like the storm plus, then just buy it, check it out, and if you have to make upgrades then do it, after all that is why this is a hobby. :cheers:

Last edited:
lol, I knew someone was gonna suggest the hyper 7 TQ. But like I said, the only reason I want the storm rtr plus is because it fits my $300 budget...

i got the hyper7 tq kit for like $245, since i already had an engine and the electronics.

Last edited:
Back