Still have a weakness for RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Last weekend I was at my usual Friday morning consignment auction. Wasn't seeing anything of interest and about leave when I stumbled onto this rc boat. Well my weakness for rc immediately kicked in so I had to stick around to try and add it to my stable. Ended up paying little more than I expected but still think I scored a good deal. Especially if all is good and just needs batteries as it appears to be.

It's a Horizon Hobbies/ProBoat 29" Miss Veles. It has a water cooled Dynamite 2000kv 6 pole motor that run on 6s. Also came with a Spektrum DX2E transmitter and receiver. Cheapo version of a Spektrum transmitter but should work. There's a wooden stand with padded rails and the original paper work included all in it's original box.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

VelesBoat1.jpg
VelesBoat2.jpg
VelesBoat3.jpg
VelesBoat4.jpg
VelesBoat5.jpg
VelesBoat6.jpg

Last weekend I was at my usual Friday morning consignment auction. Wasn't seeing anything of interest and about leave when I stumbled onto this rc boat. Well my weakness for rc immediately kicked in so I had to stick around to try and add it to my stable. Ended up paying little more than I expected but still think I scored a good deal. Especially if all is good and just needs batteries as it appears to be.

It's a Horizon Hobbies/ProBoat 29" Miss Veles. It has a water cooled Dynamite 2000kv 6 pole motor that run on 6s. Also came with a Spektrum DX2E transmitter and receiver. Cheapo version of a Spektrum transmitter but should work. There's a wooden stand with padded rails and the original paper work included all in it's original box.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 126585View attachment 126586View attachment 126587View attachment 126588View attachment 126589View attachment 126590
Good deal man, welcome back. It’s funny what’ll get us back into the hobby, I’ve been bitten by the 1/24 bug lately and messing with the SCX24s.

That's bad ass! I wish I hadn't sold my miss budweiser hydroplane. But when I was living in Long Island there was no place to run it. Now I'm back in Florida with a million places. That looks like it will be a lot of fun. Congrats on the new boat!

Back