still glitching problems please please read need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys ,

as the title says 'still glitching problems'

i think it only gliches when the car is running (havent been able to run the truck probelry as its been raining for couple of days solid ) i mean if i pick the truck up off the floor and put transmitter ariel real close to servos it glitches and sticks and wot for 2 - 5 seconds :loser: ......

all i want to know is if this is normal for the truck to do this??

ps I've got the thundertiger ssk stock

i did cut about 4 centermeters off reciver airel this wont affect it right ??

but i bought a complete radio setup (transmitter,reciever,battery box,airel tube no servos though ) off ebay real cheap £20 i guess that would be $30 somming dollars

thanks for any input nf123:)

Have you tried re-seating your crystal in the receiver? Does it do this when the truck isn't running... ever?

I know mine glitches a lot on my work table. Whenever I lean towards the power cord coming from my bench lamp, the servo's get all wiggy. This is with the truck not running. I also get mild glitches when I'm out bashing, but I've learned to ignore it. I think it has something to do with all the power wires near all the places I have to bash. I don't have a single place that doesn't have a powerline running over it.

yes i does seem to glich a bit when running but i think its proberly saying change the batteries lol both batteries are fresh transmitter and reciver

olds wat do u mean by re seating the crystal

thanks nf123

ps it never glitches when my truck isnt running wats up with that

If you have a loose connection somwhere or a frayed servo/antenna wire touching the chassis somewhere, you won't notice it if the engine isn't running. These little engines idle at 6000 RPM's. That's a lot of vibration just at an idle. That vibration makes any loose/bad connection or any frayed/cracked wire that's touching something vibrate to the tune of 6000 RPM's!

The receiver crystal is the little plug that sets the frequency of your reciever so it can talk to your transmitter. Over time, it's contacts may get corroded or jarred loose on an impact. Also, dust/dirt builds up in the receiver itself. It's not a bad idea to actually take the receiver apart and blow out the case with compressed air and blow off the circuit board. Having dirt in the case touching the board causes short circuits when the engine is running vibrating it around.

i did cut about 4 centermeters off reciver airel this wont affect it right ??

This is your problem, guaranteed. RX antennae's are a specific length for a specific reason. You need to replace your RX antennae lead with the correct length.

Check and see if u hae any metal to metal contact/rubbing this can be a source of gliching

thanks for the input guys !

monkey i got a new reciver ill put the new one in my truck

Monkey probablt hit it right on the head BUT another thing to try id put a whole about 3/4 of an inch up the antenna tube from the chassis so you know it ain't touching anything and run your atenna wire through it and up.

NEVER NEVER< cut your wire, especially on a nitro with a chance of a run-away

Just curious... was it your antenna wire?

Tom

yes but i had a spare brand new reciver so i chucked that in

So it still could just be a bogus receiver?

I've cut the ends of my antenna's before (ground off on roll overs) and I don't get glitching. I cut about 5 inches off my savage antenna and it would only go about 50 yards then my FS would kick in, but within 50 yards it worked ok.

You still rolling that Savage...thought you learned to drive. =devil

Back