Steering Servo for 1/8th Nitro Buggy (Astro Track)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Everyone.....how are we all ?...looking for a nice decent steering Servo for my HPI Trophy Nitro Buggy.....I only use her on a Astro Track...not for 'bashing'.... currently got a 20kg servo installed but looking to upgrade to a stronger faster one any advice appreciated 🤩

Over the last several years I've had good luck with amazon servos . just pick-out the torque you need along with sweep and speed and buy 1 ..I've purchased high end servo sure they work but why buy something 4-5-6-xs the cost when something cheaper will work

Thanks so far people with 1/8th Nitro buggy racing on Astro Track what specific spec in servos am I looking for regards speed and turning strength not sure they are the correct terms but you know what I mean I think

20kg ? Or higher or lower ?

Thanks so far people with 1/8th Nitro buggy racing on Astro Track what specific spec in servos am I looking for regards speed and turning strength not sure they are the correct terms but you know what I mean I think

20kg ? Or higher or lower ?
I doubt anyone in here runs 1/8 scale buggy on astro. I dont think you can have one too strong or to fast. Buy the strongest, fastest one you can imo.

Just bought my first promodeler DS505BLHV servo recently for my maxx4s. It's the nicest servo I've ever bought. Quick, super quiet and a ton of torque. Not bad for $90.
2021-1022-promodeler-Servo-DS505BLHV-hatAndmask.jpg

Also got a nice free hat and facemask with their logo on it since I was a first time customer.

It will turn my backflip lp tires on carpet and grass like the tires are in the air. And that's on 6V. Gets faster/stronger if you bump up the voltage. For my needs, the 6V power/speed is plenty even though the MMX I'm running will let me bump it up to 7.5V/8V.