steering is all stiff and tight after changing bell crank and servo saver for a savage x 4.6

• Thread starter pelicanprentice
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
hey yall i have a savage x 4.6 and after my crash last week, i had to change the steering servo saver and the bell crank. i got it all done today and i made sure to set the bell crank to what my original one was already at, it seems to be at about 4mm however after putting it back together, the steering seems harder to move. i figured out that the plastic thing that sits next to the metal bell crank has two screws, one coming from under the truck and one coming from the battery box, if i loosen those up a tiny bit, then the steering becomes easier to move. however if i snug them up, then the steering is difficult to move. i just don't want the screws to completely come out during bashing or something, i tried different types of tighteness on both screws and it only seems to want to steer easily when its a tad bit loose. is there something else that i need to be looking at? i don't think my servo is the problem cuz i can feel the difference with my hands by manually steering.

in this pic I'm referring to 85058

thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.32.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.32.41 AM.png
    468.1 KB · Views: 99
Sand down part 85058 on a flat surface just enough so it will be slightly loose and bolts are tight. Make sure it's bottom side only in illustration.

Sand down part 85058 on a flat surface just enough so it will be slightly loose and bolts are tight. Make sure it's bottom side only in illustration.
sounds good thank you, is this a common occurence or did i not do something right before?

Sometimes you need to ream the holes for the shoulder bolts.

Sometimes you need to ream the holes for the shoulder bolts.
is there anyway to know if my bell crank spring is too tight? i for sure did it the same as the stock one, however idk if that could be causing the symptoms that I'm having

Back