Stayed home from work today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Woke up this morning and felt horrible, not flu kind of horrible, just really off. Felt like I did when I used to have panic attacks, shaky, a little queezy, tired and hard to concentrate. o_O:grumpy:

I decided it would be best to stay home which was really hard. Right now I have a couple of big projects at work that need my attention. I didn't even get out of bed until noon. Made myself eat some lunch. And checked in on my groups. Really have that blah feeling. My boss has called me three times to ask how to do something.
I want to putter with my rc's but just can't concentrate. Will probably finish watching Reacher instead.

If I seem quiet this morning, I'm not ignoring you guys, well maybe @Xraycer! 🤣

Get well bro. That sounds like something that needs attention, or some stress relief.

One of my jobs later in my career was extremely stressful and I would get like that. They came out to me one day and showed me this huge government project, with a slew of aluminum molds that had to be made. They asked me if it was possible to get them all done in 2 weeks. It was a job that would take 2 people a month, but I was the only guy they wanted on it. So I ended up putting in over 250 hours over two and a half weeks to get it done. A week later I quit that job. It was just too much stress.

Every now and then my meds aren't enough, I just need to get my mind right and get some me time. Between work and being to tired to do what needs to be done around the house, I've been feeling overwhelmed. I think it all just caught up with me.

In early March Mrs. Doom and I are going to head to the coast for a couple of days It' been over a year since we've been out of town for a break. We both really need it.

Every now and then my meds aren't enough, I just need to get my mind right and get some me time. Between work and being to tired to do what needs to be done around the house, I've been feeling overwhelmed. I think it all just caught up with me.

In early March Mrs. Doom and I are going to head to the coast for a couple of days It' been over a year since we've been out of town for a break. We both really need it.
That sounds like a plan. I can't do much these days, and that puts me in a funky mood. If I don't change up what I am doing, I stay like that for awhile. So maybe try doing something outside your normal routine. Gocarts are always a good time 😉

Hope ya feel better man! Reacher was a pretty good series! If your feeling dumb, check out peace maker. It’s horrible and funny at the same time. Gets better in the middle.

This hobby is the only thing that keeps my mind clear.

If I seem quiet this morning, I'm not ignoring you guys, well maybe @Xraycer! 🤣
61461911.jpg

Hope you feel better soon, J!

Get well bro. That sounds like something that needs attention, or some stress relief.

One of my jobs later in my career was extremely stressful and I would get like that. They came out to me one day and showed me this huge government project, with a slew of aluminum molds that had to be made. They asked me if it was possible to get them all done in 2 weeks. It was a job that would take 2 people a month, but I was the only guy they wanted on it. So I ended up putting in over 250 hours over two and a half weeks to get it done. A week later I quit that job. It was just too much stress.
I feel ya. I had a job where I wasn't appreciated. For 2 years everyday I wanted to quit. One day they took a break and sat in a friends car infront of the work truck. I grabbed my chit and walked away, dont think they realised until they got in the truck.

@Doom! Hope you get well soon. For stress and getting your mind right, acupunture can do wonders.

I feel ya. I had a job where I wasn't appreciated. For 2 years everyday I wanted to quit. One day they took a break and sat in a friends car infront of the work truck. I grabbed my chit and walked away, dont think they realised until they got in the truck.

@Doom! Hope you get well soon. For stress and getting your mind right, acupunture can do wonders.
I was appreciated, but it was just the job wasn't for me. I came from metal machining to a carbon fiber shop. They quickly started using me to machine all their aluminum molds because nobody there knew how to machine metal. What made it bad was their machines were not ideal for machining metal. So it made it difficult, and more stressful to meet the deadlines.

@Doom! - if you need some good movies to watch, check out "The Gentlemen", "Murder on the Orient Express", and "Knives Out" if you haven't already. Great flicks. There is a sequel to Murder on the Orient Express called "Death on the Nile" that I have yet to watch, but these are all great flicks.

I like what I do for a living, just 30 years of stressful deadlines has taken it's toll. Not an exageration the boss called me eight times today. I don't know if that's good or bad. 🤣
Sounds like you ought to be the boss.

Stress takes its toll. Silently. Then suddenly it's there. Bigtime. Been there. Any organization that constantly relies on deadlines to accomplish goals suffers either poor planning or poor leadership. Both of which, by the way, is a big factor in dealing out stress.

Can you take early retirement? If not, maybe start planning for it? That in itself will relieve some of the stress. Just knowing the end is within grasp. Hey, Doom!, you already have the ideal retirement hobby in RC.

Hang in there, buddy. Last two years have been double-tough on everybody. 'AC'

Thanks @ahr43 I would retire in a second if I could afford it! I have too many hobbies and not enough time ;) I never understand the folks that say if they retire they won't know what to do with their time.

I'm feeling better this evening, I think it just caught up to me and forced me to take a break.

I have stayed home from work since 2014. Stress can break you down to a point it can't be fixed. When it isn't just your nerves that are shot but everything else too.
Take care of yourself. When they are done with you they will find someone else.

.....I have too many hobbies and not enough time ;) I never understand the folks that say if they retire they won't know what to do with their time.......
^^^^^THIS^^^^

As you know, I, too, have a 💩load of hobbies. I would absolutely love to have the time to do them all. Even then, there wouldn't be enough time in the day!
For me, it doesn't take much to pique my interest. I just find so many things interesting. I'm just not one to ever say that I'm bored.....at least when I'm home and on my own time, anyways.

I took a day off from work in 2014 and never went back. Sometimes it's boring ass hell but our weekend is Monday thru Friday and that's nice with its camping/fishing season.
Bravo! Felt good, did it not?

Three years into a job I never liked anyway, one Friday afternoon the boss walks onto the floor and introduces a person accompanying him to one of my co-workers. After a brief chit-chat, the boss says, "This is your replacement. He starts Monday." I had the weekend to think over how that POS boss humiliated a good worker. Come Monday morning, went to work early, loaded up my tools and left. Never went back. That was 2005. Been retired since.

Not encouraging anyone to break their rice bowl, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. 'AC'

Back