Starting to get really annoyed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelseafc385

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, i got a brushless motor for my XTM X-cellerator, for my birthday. It has been two weeks since my birthday, and i havent even been able to get an hours use out of it.
When i got the motor for my birthday, they never told my parents (when they were buying it) that the screw for the pinion gear was imperial allen key, so when i opened it on birthday, i couldnt use it, and the shop was closed because it was a Sunday. Then when i took it back in there, they tightened it for me. I then got home, and the pinion gear just came off! They hadnt tightened it enough. So i went back there (takes about half an hour, so i was getting annoyed) They tightened it again, took it home, played with it for about 30 mins. Then it just stopped working, the motor was fine, it would still turn when i accelerated, i thought that it was a worn spur gear. So a few days later we took it back to the shop AGAIN! turns out it wasn't the spur gear that was worn, apparently it was the Differential gear and the Idler gear. So i then had to take the whole car apart, took me about an hour.
I was really looking forward to using it, since we just had 20 tonnes of soil dropped off at our house, i thought i would be able to get hours of bashing. Took it out, still wouldnt go right, then when i brought it back in, it smelt of melting plastic, so i think that maybe the gears have gone AGAIN! So now I'm thinking about fixing it, putting in the stock motor, and selling it. Maybe save up for a Traxxas Slash, since I've heard you can really bash them hard.
Then ill put my brushless system in it. Then maybe i can actually use it!

So i just thought i would share that with you, just to get it off my chest! :D

To tell you the truth, you should already own allen keys. Almost all RCs use them, and they are way better than phillips or flatheads. You should also have some locktite too.
Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. The XTM isn't a known brand. I doubt your LHS has parts for it. Plus the parts are usually bad.
How did you hook up the brushless motor? The ESC that came with the Xcellerator is a brushed ESC, unless you got the BL set.
Anyways, yes you should upgrade. You probably won't get much from selling it, but you're on the right track to save for something your LHS will likely stock parts for.

My LHS do stock parts for it, they recommended me to buy it, because they "have all the parts for it in stock" as they said, turns out every single time i go in there they dont have the parts.
I also do have allen keys, but it was soo small, i had the smallest imperial allen key i could find and yet it still was too big. My other cars use metric allen keys though, so i didnt really have that many imperial.
The motor came with a brushless ESC, which can handle 3S Lipo's.
Now though ill probably be spending my time drifting, you'll probably be glad to hear. :)

i kinda feel you on this one, i have a duratrax evader bx with a 5700kv brushless system, a duratrax evader st with a 4300kv system and 3s lipo, and a duratrax vendetta with a brushless setup.

any time i run the bx, or the vendetta i break something, i dunno if i have ran a full battery pack through them since i put the brushless setups on them. something always breaks.

the only reason i don'tbreak the st,2 reasons, 1 there is a delay i have tryed adjusting the esc, and it didn't help sometimes i nail it and it pulls really strong, sometimes i nail it and it pulls ok... i dunno what the problem with it is. and the tires on the back are not glued.

Last edited:
Its not even like I'm pushing it hard or anything, i think i full throttled it once, that was it, other than that, i was just getting used to the power.

yea, but it's a lot of power, you're basically putting the power of a nitro setup on a electric setup that wasn't rated for it.

i stripped the differential gear in my evader and put a new one in, while i was in there i put a aluminum idler gear, they didn't have aluminum diff gear accept for the nitro and they were bigger.