Starting a Mugen buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgreaves

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a Mugen xr4 works buggy from a friend.. He gave me a starter for it that is the same as the one that I use for my airplanes.. Is there some wheel that I can get for it to start the buggy or do I need to get a bump starter box?

You can get a wheel for that. I used to use a setup like that back when I got my first nitro. Trust me, get the bump box; it is a TON easier. One with twin 550's will work just fine.

You can get a wheel for that. I used to use a setup like that back when I got my first nitro. Trust me, get the bump box; it is a TON easier. One with twin 550's will work just fine.

I am planning to get a starter box, just wanted to make sure the handheld starter would work in the mean time.. Thanks for you help..

No problem. Just make sure the rubber part of the wheel is securely attached, or you be chasing it all afternoon.

(mine would fling off all the time, and hit the ground spinning)

No problem. Just make sure the rubber part of the wheel is securely attached, or you be chasing it all afternoon.

(mine would fling off all the time, and hit the ground spinning)

Had that happen plenty of times with my rc airplane.. :angry:

i have a mugan and a kyosho that i need a bump box for, but can't afford it right now.

sucks what is the hand held way and how much is it

Last edited:
Make sure your spinning your flywheel in the right direction... I actually started an OS engine backwards, and it ran.. lol

Back