starter box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxtrac

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have never used a starter box befor and I was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on how to set it up correctly. I bought a ofna pre-assembled its the cheap one with the two 550 motors in it. And I am trying to set it up for a adam drake xxx-nt.

Using the pegs to hold the truck in the sweet spot is difficult at best.

Best advice is to keep trying, then when you think you have it.... try again. It took me over an hour and lots of skid marks on the bottom of my new XXX-NT DA to get it right.

Start with no pegs and just keep moving your truck around until it hits. Outline the body on the top of the starter with a pencil and find the pegs that will best fit in an aria that has a place to put one.

Good places are in-between the cutouts on the a-arms and on the side of the chassis. The more time you spend getting it just right will pay off in the long run.

The objective is to be able to just plop the truck onto the stand and have all the pegs catch tight with no possibility of being mis-aligned.

Once you have got this down adjust the height of the top or wheel so you can just put a bit of pressure on your glow stick and it will make the wheel turn before making contact with your flywheel.

You should be able to start your truck with just one hand on your glow-stick and little pressure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it

'One hand on your glowstick', eh Eddie? That kind of describes your life's motto doesn't it?

I just got my starter box set up. It works great took me about a hour, but it wasn't to hard thanks for the advice Eddy

Glad to hear your up and running. ;)

I guess if I took one hand off my glow-stick i might have got mine setup quicker. But whats the use in doing something if your not having fun?:ha