Starter box and 12 V battery ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi...

Just wondering...

I'm shopping for a starter box.

I have almost decided on this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNL62&P=7

It requires a 12v battery and I found this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL370&P=K

Now my question is:

Will it fit inside or will it be better to buy another starter box that uses racing stick packs... I have absolutely no experience i this field, but I like the 12 V idea, but only if they fit inside. I would also like to be able to charge the 12V battery while it is still inside the box,,, if it fits that is.

Does any of you have any suggestions ??. All feedback is welcome.

Kind Regards

It just so happens that we have a member by the name of nitromaniac trying to sell a new starter box. It looks like it is a complete package. Here is the link to his post.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8403

The idea of using a gel cell over the sticks is a great idea. Depending on how much you use it the charge could last you a month! What RC are you planning on using this with?

Last edited:
Thank you, but it says in the thread that he will only ship inside the US.

Regards....:thumbsup:

Ah yes. I forgot you are in Denmark. Oops.

I don't think that starter box actually holds the gel cell. According to the wording....

"External wiring for use with a 12 volt battery replaces the previous two internal NiCd battery packs; an input cord with alligator clips is included."

Have you looked at the Ofna starter boxes? I have the multistart starter box and love it. I also know of a few other members who use Ofna starter boxes and have been very happy with them. The only downfall to the Ofna box is the lack of instructions to move the doughnut.

What RC was you planning on using this with?

Sasquatch
good luck on your search for the starter box,sorry I can't ship outside the USA, just too much money and would defeat the purpose of selling at all! but I did want to say that when I got the SBox I got the 12v battery, although it held a very long charge i really couldnt see anyone draggin this thing around with them, I returned it the same day and got the stick packs and they fit right in the bottom just fine, I recomend the stick packs only for conveinence reasons, they wont hold a charge as long but are so much easier for portability!

alot of the ofna boxes have a 12v gell cell already in them or can fit them in there with no probs, just dont buy the dual 550 motor boxes (suck major arse - personal experence) , get the single 12v motor one , unless your doing onroad or 1/10 scale

and yes you can charge it while in the box, one screw lift the lid, connect the charger and charge

OK Thanks for the info.

I will be using the box for starting my Inferno 7.5 GX21 engine. (will buy the V01B when this dies.)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCUC2&P=7

This one from ofna has the 12V motor in it, but does not look like it will take a 12 V battery inside it.

The one that allready comes with a battery has the 2 x 550 motors as slothy mentioes as crap.

What do I do/choose.??

I would much rather spend a little more at first and get a box that is able to start my engie without problems.

It has to be sed to Demark also, so I have to be sure I get it right U see. :transform

ya it will, a guy at the track has one and has a 12v battery in it. once my dual motor blows box up (soon it seems) thats the one I'm going with.

Thank you (again)

Do you know which battery he uses in the box ??

Or could you perhaps give a link to tower....

I will be getting the ofna one I think then...

Regards :breakdown

just a standard 7amp gel cell, its the same thats in my ofna box now.. like theone u link from tower

Gr8 then.

Once again this forum has helped out...

:classic:

Back