stampede axle question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so does anyone know what the diameter of the rear axle (the part the wheel screws onto) on the pede/rustler....i am getting a large amount of wobble and i want to shim it but I'm not sure of the ID of shim ill need...also...could this excessive amount of wobble be because the bushing are wore out...I'm about to replace them with bearings so i hope that'll help too....thanks guys..

Replace the axle as well. It'll be wore to the bushing. I believe the diameter is 5mm. Check the bearing size on traxxas.com. Or wait a few minutes.:)

yeah the diameter of the axels is 5mm. the bearings are 5X8X4mm

thanks guys

yeah the diameter of the axels is 5mm. the bearings are 5X8X4mm

wait the breakdown I'm looking at says the bearings/bushings are 5x11x4...which do you recon it is....lol

The bigger size is probably for the nitro pede.

well that confuses me even further....the exploded view i look at is def for the xl5 pede thats what this started as....and my buddy has a nitro rusty and the bearings his use are smaller than mine...hmmm...i think mine are the 5x11x4...ill have to measure the old bushings to be sure i guess....

heres my next question...i am having trouble finding 5mm shims...only ones i have found are way to thick...more of a washer than a shim...can anyone direct me to some thinner ones....thanks again..

You want the 5x11x4, it's the same for the XL-5 and VXL, except of course the XL-5 has bushings and VXL has bearings. The only different one is the front of the 4x4 has a 10x15x4 for the inner bearing.

My mistake...some how I that particular parts drawer was mislabeled as 5X8X4 but after looking it up it is in fact 5X11X4....Sorry for the confusion...at least my drawer has the correct size labeled on it now :)

Back