Stampede 4x4 strange noise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revrentzero

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
On my stampede 4x4 when i put it on the ground and give it throttle it mqkes a real loud screeching noise coming from the rear of tue truck and it hardly moves

Your rear diff might be stripped out. Break it down, and check the gears inside.

Where can iget a rebuild kit at ?

if your LHS carries traxxas, they should have the gears, or online.

Are there metal gears made for that

Yea, the VXL (Brushless) version should have metal diff gears.

Okay i took the whole rear end apart and didnt find any wear i accidentally losened the slipper clutch all the way so it would make a scream noise but when i tightened it then losened it a 3/4 turn lose it still made the noise but it fixed itself after doing a long wheelie to likr 3 flips but after i was done running i touched tje motor and i burned my finger is that normal for lipos?

No. You probably have your mesh too tight, thus putting much strain on the motor causing heat.

Re-set the gear mesh by putting a piece of paper between the spur and pinion gear, push the motor against the spur gear and tighten it down. When you pull the paper out it should have a zig-zag pattern with no rips.

I set the mesh as pefect as i could get it using the piece of paper ill do it again just to make sure tho

Another question: how do you half charge a lipo battery for non use i have a hyperion EOS0606i and I'm usin a turnigy 5000mAh 3s lipo and a 7.4v 2s 5000mAh how do i ready these for storage.

I just charge them fully, then put them in the fire-proof box.

So i dont HAVE to keep them half and half and what do you use for a fireproof box?

I usually fully charge my packs then drive with them for a few laps. You could use a metal pot with a lid for a fire proof box or a lipo charging bag.

Expect to replace that motor before too long. If it got that hot, it probably won't last much longer. The idea of gear mesh is to get as much contact between the teeth as possible without any binding or tight spots.

Whats a good brushless system to go with that isnt stupid fast something thats equal to the vilenion system, ahhh maybe a little faster

I ran a turnigy 11.1v 5000 30c one time for like 15mins

Your lucky it didn't catch on fire with the gears bound up. If the velenion isn't fast enough for you, it's time for a castle setup.

Back