Stampede 2wd build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Had my stampede in pieces for a while. Finally going to get her up and running with some new bits
Old and new pics
Battery
image.jpg

Esc
image.jpg

Rpm arms all around
image.jpg

Already done last week
Springs and caster blocks
New shock oil
2075 servo
image.jpg

Radio
image.jpg

Wheels and tires
Got it with rustler wheels when I bought it
Got my hands on some no name brand mt tires to complete the stampede look
image.jpg

Update when upgrades are completed

Just got done installing upgrades to the stampede
I ran into a shock problem. Not sure what it is but when I compress the shock it shoulds “squishy” id say. Not smooth like the others. Any ideas?

Just got done installing upgrades to the stampede
I ran into a shock problem. Not sure what it is but when I compress the shock it shoulds “squishy” id say. Not smooth like the others. Any ideas?
Sounds like you've got air in the shocks.

Sounds like you've got air in the shocks.

How about 1/4 of the way up with fluid. I check the next one. Empty. Next one. Empty. And so on.

Next question

All I have is 20 and 30 weight shock oil. What should I do with refilling the shocks.
30 rear? 20 for all 4? Not sure at this point

Got her all sorted out. Looks great. Works for now. Didn’t have a chance to run it but it seems alright with 30 weight in rear. 20 up front

Shocks getting refilled and cleaned
B8383739-89CC-43C7-92B4-17F4F7E82F18.jpeg

Finished product
327CB6D6-1CE2-4936-8CAD-032A59428347.jpeg

Going to put on the esc. Receiver and new battery hold Down tomorrow and take it for a run

I just finished mine with the following:
Proline suspension kit (be ware as you still need to buy stuff as they don’t supply all the components to be able to fit their kit) but the kit includes beefier turnbucks, steering knuckles, bearings and beefier front and rear a-arms and shock towers
TBone front bumper and servo protector
Proline adjustable body mounts.

I prob should have taken some pics of the build process

I just finished mine with the following:
Proline suspension kit (be ware as you still need to buy stuff as they don’t supply all the components to be able to fit their kit) but the kit includes beefier turnbucks, steering knuckles, bearings and beefier front and rear a-arms and shock towers
TBone front bumper and servo protector
Proline adjustable body mounts.

I prob should have taken some pics of the build process

I didn’t know they made a kit. Would like to see some pics

No worries, I will try and remember to do so tomorrow.....I think they recently discontinued it according to the website which based on my experience is unsurprising given they don’t include the ends for the camber or steering links and you can’t reuse the ones you have because the new links are thicker than the old:

https://www.prolineracing.com/performance-parts/protrac-suspension-kit.asp