Stallin??? Blowing Nitro out pipe??? BAD

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySim2City

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I haven't owned a T-Maxx in 3 Years. I just got back into Nitro. I recently bought a used T-Maxx 2.5 with an upgraded 3.3 motor on it. I have all settings on factory. Like this the truck runs strong but wont let me give it more than 70% throttle, then it runs sluggish and stalls. I tried leaning it out but I can see no difference. <------- ( not so big deal ) But also I have more fuel spraying out of my exhaust than going into my carb. i can't figure it out. I'm also fouling out many glow plugs. I'm about ready to take it to the shop or sell it on ebay and be done. But in desprite need of some help, because I wanna keep this thing. Any help is very appricated. Thanks! Chris

have you adjusted the low speed? i have a 3.3 on a 2.5 and mine wont run unless unburnt fuel is blowin out of the pipe. wat what do your temps look like?

What pipe do you have. If you changed to something with alot of backpressure then you'd have to lean it out. Also, you said you set it back to factory settings. did you screw the hsn in to hard? You may have overtightened it. That will make it hard to tune, you'd have to turn it in farther than normal after that. How's the low end response? It could be rich on the lsn and then blowing the excess fuel out for a second after you hit the throttle. What does the plug look like?.....Wet?...Dry?

stock 3.3 carbs are easy to mess up by running the adjustments to far in.

stock 3.3 carbs are easy to mess up by running the adjustments to far in.

That must be what I did...... even though I dont remember doing it....

I am like 1 turn out on the HSN now (used to be 4)

What is a good replacement carb?

I got up this morning and set my high speed needle 3 1/2 turns out. and set my low speed as it comes stock. I still have alot of fuel blowing out the exhaust. But my main concern is I can only give my truck 70 percent throttle. I wanna wide open it. and I can't. Anything will help. thanks again.

Really wet plug.

Too rich maybe? Or the motor is about to go ! I had a guy at the track last week with the same thing spitting out alot of fuel crazy tunning to get it started but it started ran it a 50% then when he gunned it the truck would just die!!. Do you have a leak in the motor some where check around the heat sink and the make sure your carb is pushed in all the way.

I got up this morning and set my high speed needle 3 1/2 turns out. and set my low speed as it comes stock. I still have alot of fuel blowing out the exhaust. But my main concern is I can only give my truck 70 percent throttle. I wanna wide open it. and I can't. Anything will help. thanks again.

Really wet plug.

Make sure your throttle slide is opening all the way too. Take off the filter and look in the carb at full throttle/engine off. If it opens all the way try turning the hsn in a bit more, just as long as you've got good smoke.

heres a better carb. O.S. engines 11k, (18tm) 21982000 carburetter complete, what i just typed is right off the package, i know carburetter isnt spelled right its on the package like that. this carb has mid range needle. i put it on my 3.3 t-maxx, but didnt get to run long, it seamed to be set close right out of the box. its a true bolt on, no mods needed. of course it will need adjusted. get some racers edge carb sealant 10115, it is made to work with nitro. www.racers-edge.com use it where the carb goes into the engine, it doesn't need much. i know most guys use regular rtv, and it seams to work, i have used it also with no trouble. but i think ill use racers edge from now on.

The only trouble there is the 80 dollar price tag. I would like to try it sometime though, just to see how good a 3.3 can really run.

I'm Back!!! In Really Need of Help Now!!!

Ok I screwed up everything today. I ran my truck last night with the low speed on its stock position, and my high speen 3 turns out . seems to let me open it wide throttle. That was awesome until I woke up this morning and tried to start up, nothing. so I think i'm flooding it out so i clear it out and wait 15-20 minutes. and try again... nothing. I tried some needle turning, and I screwed up everything. My question is What setting is the best to put my high speed needle and low speed needle at when I have a used motor thats been ran for 2 years??? p[lease help out, Thanks again! My Sim 2 City:(

I also have a Dynamite aftermarket exhaust pipe on it. But everything else motorwise seems stock.

Ok I screwed up everything today. I ran my truck last night with the low speed on its stock position, and my high speen 3 turns out . seems to let me open it wide throttle. That was awesome until I woke up this morning and tried to start up, nothing. so I think i'm flooding it out so i clear it out and wait 15-20 minutes. and try again... nothing. I tried some needle turning, and I screwed up everything. My question is What setting is the best to put my high speed needle and low speed needle at when I have a used motor thats been ran for 2 years??? p[lease help out, Thanks again! My Sim 2 City:(

I also have a Dynamite aftermarket exhaust pipe on it. But everything else motorwise seems stock.

Just set it the way you had it, then crank the lsn in a bit more it should start. If it runs good one day then won't start the next day, you should not touch the needles. When it floods try unhooking the fuel line from the carb then hooking it back to the tank. Then after pulling a few times with the plug out, put it back in, it should fire up and empty itself out. Now prime it a little less than before and it should run. Once it's tuned just leave the lsn alone or make tiny adjustments only......1/8th of a turn. The factory settings are about 4-4 1/2 turns out (hsn) and flush or slightly out from flush (lsn). If you goobered up your hsn by turning it in too far then try 3 turns out and watch for smoke when it's running. Chances are there isn't much hurt you can put on this old motor by leaning it for a couple minutes.

Thank You, will try it tomorrow morning. Thanks

Thank You, will try it tomorrow morning. Thanks
Hey man I've had some problems starting my tmaxx the odd day after it ran perfect put a spash of nitro fuel into carb put air filter on one to 2 pulls she be running