Spur Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well today i was doing some driving up and down the road and his a couple of snow bank jumps nothin to big like 6 inches. Well like 5 minutes ago I was going then all of a suddon it stoped acted like it was in Neutral Reved up then shut off. Took it in side lift off the body and what do I see a striped spur gear. What going on with that.

Could I replace it with the Spur for the Maxx or is that not possibal.

Originally posted by Mayhem

Could I replace it with the Spur for the Maxx or is that not possibal.
Are you talking about your E-rustler? X

Well anyway I am assuming you are talking about your n-rustler if so then yes you can change out the spur with a T-maxx as long as you haven't gotten away from normal gearing

Here are standard part number

#4470 Traxxas Spur Gear 32P 70T Rustler
and #4472 Traxxas Spur Gear 32P 72T Rustler
Anyway those are both stock parts for a N-rustler and T-Maxx X

Nooo I have a new NR 2.5
Ok but what is the resoning behind the strip spur gear.... I didn't take the engine off to make it not line up right.

Last edited:
N-rustler or n2.5 same diffrence they still use the same spurs man. As to why it striped if you weren't stuck somewhere reving it with the wheels stuck I think its safe to say gear mesh is the culprit. It may have not been right when chang lee in japan set it or the screws may have losened a bit just get a new spur use the paper or plastic trick green or medium locktite and move on if it happens again then you might worry. Also you said you where jumping did you have the sliped adjusted correctly that is a common mistake that can shread a spur gear if the slipper is all the way tight and you are jumping regaurdless of how high or long the jump is. X

I have a spare one brand new for the T and its the right size ill but it on tonight and get back to you tomarrow on this when I drive it.

Here is a pic
Spur.gif

Last edited:
That looks like you had you slipper to tight to me. Usually from my experince when you have an incorrect mesh it will eat it off evenly a decent amount of the way around. X

Back