spring rates

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm thinking about stiffer springs for my revo.. anyone know the load ratings on the different colors? I'm running the long travel rockers, just want it to be a little stiffer..

Well for me, I am running black in the front and purple in the back. Purple is the stiffest and black is the second stiffest. I really like how it handles.

Well for me, I am running black in the front and purple in the back. Purple is the stiffest and black is the second stiffest. I really like how it handles.

are you running the long travel rockers?

No I'm not, I'm running P2 if i remember correctly. They should be good for LT though.

I'm running the purple ones in the back ..and pink in the front ....and i have the long travel rockers on ...i really like that setup

Straight from traxxas revo accessories page
Part #5435 Spring, shock (GTR) (2.6 rate yellow)
Suggested retail price $6.00

Part #5436 Spring, shock (GTR) (2.9 rate white) (std. front 90mm)

Part # 5437 Spring, shock (GTR) (3.2 rate orange)

Part #5438 Spring, shock (GTR) (3.5 rate green) (std. rear 90mm)

Part #5439 Spring, shock (GTR) (3.8 rate gold)

Part #5440 Spring, shock (GTR) (4.1 rate tan)

Part #5441 Spring, shock (GTR) (4.4 rate black)

Part #5442 Spring, shock (GTR) (4.9 rate silver) (std. front 120mm)

Part #5443 Spring, shock (GTR) (5.4 rate pink)

Part #5444 Spring, shock (GTR) (5.9 rate blue) (std. rear 120mm)

Part #5445 Spring, shock (GTR) (6.4 rate purple)

Last edited:
It goes...

90mm Travel

YELLOW: 14.8lb/in
WHITE : 16.6lb/in (standard front)
ORANGE: 18.3lb/in
GREEN : 20.0lb/in (standard rear)
GOLD : 21.7lb/in
TAN : 23.4lb/in
BLACK : 25.1lb/in

120mm Travel

SILVER : 28.0lb/in (standard front)
PINK : 30.8lb/in
BLUE : 33.7lb/in (standard rear)
PURPLE: 36.5lb/in

90mm Travel springs are NOT recommended for use with the Long Travel Rockers...

Hope this helps :)

I run Silver at front and Blue at rear...Not long travel rockers though..P2 for me..

I think I'm running blue/blue with 60 weight and P2's. I'm thinking of giving this a shot though:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTH6&P=7

Stiffer on compression, but still rebounds quickly. Allows you to not have to run such high viscosity oil which slows down compression and decompression making it slow to react on the rough stuff.

I'm runnin 50wt oil. P2 rockers with silver LT in front and in the rear blue LT springs and it does great for me

How about running the 120mm springs on the p1-3 rockers?

For the colder months does anyone swap out there shock oil with a little thinner oil?

For the colder months does anyone swap out there shock oil with a little thinner oil?

I can't imagine it being a bad idea, but I don't run mine much in the colder time of year so it's not something I would take the time to do. I usually use that time to make any time consuming repairs/upgrades if any are needed. If not, I might buy a few bodies to paint

I did last year with my savage. Ran softer springs and softer oil. Cold makes things brittle, so hitting smaller air and having softer suspension can go a long way when your bashing in the snow. I usually get a fair amount of run time in over Christmas as I usually take a couple weeks off. Won't be getting that time this year... Last year I burned a gallon between Christmas and new years. Ran the snot out of the ol savage.

Now that I have a revo again, I'll be running it instead. Would probably be a good idea for me to pickup a spare set of cheap shocks for the winter so I don't have to fuss with them much. High likelihood i'll pull the engine and whatnot out of my aftershock and part that thing out... Never thought I'd actually enjoy a revo again after my first attempt. But, with the right mods, it's a decent rig for a basher.

What happened with your fist attempt with the revo?

You say you have a savage and a revo. Will the Savage Body fit on the Revo?

Yes, it should. With a bit of cutting you can get most anything to fit anything.

I'm running a 3.3 maxx body on my 1" extended savage now. I'm running a typical t-maxx body on my revo now.

My first attempt revo was 4 years ago or so. At the time, I had a savage and as we all know, with the proper parts, a savage is second to none in toughness and big air capabilities. The revo however did not fair so well. Partly due to what I did to it to try and make it durable. I made a crappy roll bar that didn't get the job done. Which meant countless destroyed headers, bent engine bays, cracked chassis decks near the engine, spurs being chewed up... in all accounts as a durable basher, it failed.

Since then, I've learned a bit about making a revo more durable and picked up a used slayer thinking it would be fun to have a small block 4wd something again (vs a MT2). I quickly realized it was limited due to such a narrow track and low ground clearance, so it couldn't drive how I wanted. Was fun, but not for long. Then I converted it to a revo and lowered my jumping expectations a bit. I also got a proper roll bar for it, wing kit, 17mm hubs, RPM arms all around of course and put a BB in it with a side pipe. Now it's as durable as my savage and aftershock, I just can't jump as high with it without possibly causing damage. Still, with the places I now have to run (4 years ago I had many more with big air jumps), it does just fine and is the truck I run the most.

I'm running the purple ones in the back ..and pink in the front ....and i have the long travel rockers on ...i really like that setup
what part number is it, and what does it do having the long travel rockers

Back