Sportwerks Mayhem RTR cross-compatable parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basic

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all. I'm new to the forums, but not new to RC. I recently bought my first buggy (been into 1/10 scale 4wd trucks before this) - a Sportwerks Mayhem. I know it's an older buggy, but I don't plan on racing it too much - the first thing I got for it is proline badlands tires on wabash wheels.

My question is this - I've read where there's some parts that be replaced off of other trucks/buggys. The diff cases off the LST2 come to mind as one of the cross-compatable parts. My question is - are there any other parts that can be? Has anyone made a list or have any good places i can look?

Also, anyone have any other good pointers or suggested upgrades for this buggy? Thanks..

I know a number of the LST parts will work as they were built on similar platforms. Horizon Hobby was always the place to get Mayhem parts, but as you saw in the other thread, the Mayhem has been nixed. Hopefully there will be parts available for a while, though.
I guess I haven't been running mine hard enough as I haven't really broken anything. It's a very durable ride.
Good luck finding some cool improvements. Post some when you find them so I can take a look!

I know a number of the LST parts will work as they were built on similar platforms. Horizon Hobby was always the place to get Mayhem parts, but as you saw in the other thread, the Mayhem has been nixed. Hopefully there will be parts available for a while, though.
I guess I haven't been running mine hard enough as I haven't really broken anything. It's a very durable ride.
Good luck finding some cool improvements. Post some when you find them so I can take a look!

Technically I haven't been able to confirm that the Sportwerks line has been shut down. However, the fact that every single model is listed as Discontinued and from what I saw in some other forums indicates that this is in fact the case. You might consider contacting Horizon Hobby (877 504-0233) and asking what parts are compatible and see if there are other platforms than the LST that would work for you.

Yea. The parts availability is a concern, but the price I paid (less than $100 for the brand new roller) is good. After looking through the sportwerks site, there is one model not listed at discontinued - the 1/10 Stadium truck - the Reaction.

My other concern is that my LHS doesn't use horizon as a distributor. I asked them about it, cause I thought it was a bit odd. The owner said that when he was sitting up the store, horizon wanted something like $30,000 purchase to be set up as a distributor of their parts. After being open for like 6-8 months, he contacted them again and they said that it would still be a $10,000 purchase to become a distributor.

However, that being said, it seems that a lot of smaller shops are horizon distributors. A few of the ones I have been to, there is no way they could afford a $30k or even a $10k purchase to get set up. I think that it is because they either a) have a track or b) have an airfield. This may not be part of the qualifications, I really don't know. It's really just conjecture.