Sportwerks .26 Wwooowww

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
WELL I JUST PICKED UP A NEW SPORTWERKS .26 AND PUT IT IN MY OFNA LX COMP AND HOLLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCETHE POWER BAND IS SO MUCH BETTER AND I HAVE THE SMALLEST CARB SETTINGS I CAN GET AND ITS NOT EVEN FULLY TUNED YET BUT I RACED YESTERDAY AND LAPED EVERYBODY ON THE TRACK BY 4 LAPS AND SOME OTHERS MORE. ONE OF MY BUDDYS HAS A V-SPEC AND HE COULDNT EVEN KEEP UP (I'm not saying the sportwerks it better but it is faster all the way down) i am jsut saying that for the money (129.95) i would have to say it is the best motor I've seen performance wise for the money and i was just wondering if anyone else has used this motor and likes it or dislikes it in any way thanx guys :)

Ya, I've heard awesome things about that motor, that's why I tend to reccomend it a lot...I was thinkin bout gettin it for my savage, but I want a little more power for the savage...

i dont know if you need more power then that i have the smallest carb adaptor and have it so it only opens 3/4 and its hard to handle on the straight aways also how do you beat 3.75horse power at 33,000RPM for only 129.95 but its your choice
thanx me

Well, don't forget that a buggy weighs what, 8 lbs? and the savage weighs like 14 or something...I need something powerful for that monster, and plus, on all the forums I've read on, the sportwerks .26 was the favorite savage racing engine......untill the K 4.6 came out....so I figure, I might as well go w/ something that should give me plenty of power, rpms, and will be fun to bash w/ as well...because as it is, I hardly ever run the thing due to the stock .25 is not powerful enough...but ya, I know the sportwerks .26 would be fine, but you know how it is...jus gotta have that extra power.... [insert tim taylor grunt here/]

Last edited:
SuperMaxx83 said:
i dont know if you need more power then that i have the smallest carb adaptor and have it so it only opens 3/4 and its hard to handle on the straight aways also how do you beat 3.75horse power at 33,000RPM for only 129.95 but its your choice
thanx me

3.75hp????? Do you mean 2.75hp? thats more then the .32 engines!! If thats the case I'm getting myself one.

well i will have to check again to make sure but thats what i believe i read on a couple of sites i went to to find out how good they were but i will get back and let you know for sure

well i checked on it and you are right it is 2.75 horse at 33,000 rpms but its still a hell of a lot of power for a 8lb buggy for the price thanx for the correction

Yeah it is a great engine I have one in my hyper 7, what CB are you running? I'm using a 13T in and it seems as if it might be a little undergeared for top end speed. The engine puts out 2.75 not 3.75 hp. I'm running the mach 26 in my savage which is basically the same as the SW engine and its more than enough power to move it quickly.

I use that engine too and its a great engine. It tunes really well too and it tends to run on the cool side (about 220). I use the medium carb insert and it just haul.

I love my .26. I have one in my Mayhem and that things a rocket. The engine has always been easy to tune. Holds the tune well. And generates tons of power even at low temps. I still haven't gotten up the nerve to pop in the large carb insert. The medium insert has plenty of power.

well i run a 14 tooth cb and i might have to go up 1 or 2 cuz it seems to be reeving up a little in the front straight away but i like it i think I'm gonna try the next carb insert and see if i can handle it but i dont htink i can handle the big one but i will have try it just to see

Back