Sport Maxx (New 2WD)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest opinion:

DUMB!!

Traxxas is missing most of the reason people bought the T-maxx 4WD!!!

They made no changes, only omissions of the original design.

it has to be fast but i like 4wd

I’m just wondering why?
Price?
It can’t be that much cheaper, can it?
Get one and swap some parts from my old Maxx.
Save some $$ ?
I don’t see a reverse servo either, FO?

NO reverse only has single speed tranny

They are goping to sell
3 upgrades

Revese option
2 speed tranny option
4x4 option
all as addons

From inital rumors it will sell about 80.00 cheaper than regular maxx around 300.00 to 325.00 X

I like my 4X4 version of the SportMaxx just fine...they can keep that truck as a paperweight, when mine runs it down and stomps it.

For $80 less.. I dont understand why any one would get one.
I guess I'm out of touch with the real world.
I spend $80.00 for dinner out.

It's a cross between the Nitro Stampede and the T-Maxx.

It just does not make sense!

It's like the Porsche 914 of the 70's. A four cylinder wheezer of a car that didn't cost that much less than a potent 911!!

And...it's certainly not a cross between a Stampede and a Maxx - it's just a Maxx missing a few key parts.

Just another way to get people that are die hard Traxxas fans to think that Traxxas is doning something for them.. This is more propganda just like the TRX .25 its Hype. look at this post
The Traxxas Zombies is what I would call them since they seem to think anything Traxxas does is a Great wonderful thing for them. Like this new headline Nitro Sport SE Now with TRX .15 PRO and slipper clutch! I know that gets you excited I mean I am so excited about that. I sure I can go race this against a xxxnt.....NOT X

That thread is hilarious....I especially like how the mods are falling over themselves about it. Sheesh. Whatever. If people buy it, and knowing the public they probably will, then so be it. I'll enjoy my old 4wd T.

nd

The mods are falling all over themselves because they have to, is Traxxas gonna give them one of those too? Maybe thats why they are butt smooching. Oh well I really dont see this as anything but a corner cutting method to try and attract new T-Maxx owners whom I feel after the initial hoorah wears off will be wishing they had just saved a few more $$$ and bought a real T. In six months e-bay will be full of em, lol. Its just a T with a few less parts. :wtf:

I suppose it compares to a 2x4 vs. 4x4 in the full scale world. they make them both. And people buy them both. Granted, the price differences are on a much greater scale. I guess for some this is a more affordable way to get a big truck. Perhaps we find it kinda silly because we already have 4x4 Maxxes. I guess I will reserve my judgement until I pull the front drive shaft from my Maxx this weekend and see if there's a difference. I tend to want to agree with a lot of people in looking at what it's lacking. No 2-speed. No reverse. No 4WD. I guess that's because I already have it all. We'll see. I think if you can pony up $310 for the SportMaxx, you should be able to muster up $80 for the Maxx 2.5.

Just my opinion. I may be wrong.... (thanks to Dennis Miller)

This new truck is a joke, and OQ and HW prove it by fawning over it like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Yes, it may be a nice addition to their product line. Yes, as a 2X4 it might be a nice entry level truck for the RC starter.

But they are getting way too excited for something that is basically an incomplete T-MAXX. Whoop de doo...it has some modular upgrade package. Why is that so innovative? Let me think...hmmmm....it isn't. Is the old/new whatever T-Maxx not capable of the same modular upgrades...FOC, Proline Suspension, just about every thing on the T is upgrade-able.

Hooray for TRAXXAS and their ability to take a proven design and capitalize on it. I applaud their smarts for bringing this to the table. I find it humorous that OQ and HW (Hobby Shop workers who will profit from the sales of all the upgrade kits) are the first to jump in their and plug this product.

Don't be duped...stick with what you got.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Didn\'t Traxxas already make a 2wd T-Maxx?

BTW Pirata, I demonstrated their 2WD T-Maxx at our last bash session...it\'s called a 4WD with a busted center line shaft...:D

Great point Sky!

I was JUST going to ask too - can't I pull my front center shaft off and accomplish the same thing? I already have a FOC in mine. A much better than stock one by Traxxas at that. Nothing but Robinson Racing in my Tranny!

;)

The only thing I find appealing, is, if I wanted to buy a BRAND NEW Maxx again, to upgrade to what "I wanted", then it would be less up front money!

Now if they dumped the radio and dropped the price even more, then MAYBE I would buy one. Lets say 200$ for a brand new running maxx.

Just my 2 cents.........

I just call it like I see it...glad to see someone concurs.

A two wheel drive Maxx is it a good idea sure way not would I buy one heck no. I think the truck will sell good it has all the looks of a real Maxx and its cheaper. Is it a good truck may be if your into flat track racing it should be good, or sand racing. Only time will tell if Traxxas made the right choice.

30+!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf: doesn't the new 4x4 Maxx do 40?
I mean c'mon whats the point of having 2 wheel drive slower "sport Maxx" For $80 less??? There are some 2 wheel enthusiasts out there But still!! (no offense)

Back