Sponsered Racer Advice Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AClegg

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm getting back into the racing scene along with my son and daughter. We are looking to get pretty serious in the 1/10 2wd buggy class. I just bought my son an Ultima RB7ss and my daughter a Losi 22 5.0DC. I loved racing Stadium trucks, but it seems like that class is dying out here in Northern California. Now I'm looking for a buggy for myself. Can someone tell me what the benefits are for racing for a particular Factory Team? I see Kyosho is losing drivers like crazy. I hear it is due to poor support from the factory. Which is bad because with all the competition they have, they need a team to prove their product is competitive. Any advice would be highly appreciated on what the Factory Teams have to offer. I might get an Associated just to compare the three. Then again, X-ray, Yokomo, Schumacher, and Serpent seem to have some pretty solid cars. I know you need to prove yourself before any company will look at you, so I'm not expecting to sign with anyone right now. I had sponsors when I was racing, way back in the early 90's, so I know what it takes to get attention from the factories. Yes, youngster... they had professional races back in the 90's. It just took us longer to get there with our horse and carriage. In fact, racing was a lot bigger, in my area, back in the 90's.

I have been campaigning Rustler RWDs for pavement racing here in MA. Got my own amateur league going. I'm more of a builder than driver at this point.

I have been campaigning Rustler RWDs for pavement racing here in MA. Got my own amateur league going. I'm more of a builder than driver at this point.

That sounds like it would be fun. I'm actually surprised that circuit trucks became a racing class. I have one, but it enjoy it as a basher more than I would as a racer. In my area, it's all about buggies... 2wd and 4wd. I would get into 4wd, but the cars are way over priced.

These stadiums have been "Heisenburg-ed". Anything that can move to the front, gets moved. Eliminates that wheel chair-like handling.

These stadiums have been "Heisenburg-ed". Anything that can move to the front, gets moved. Eliminates that wheel chair-like handling.

Heisenburg, I just noticed your Avatar Photo. I remember that video game. I use to have it. I believe it was for the Nintendo.

You believe correct. Rc Pro -Am, 1988, by Rare LTD. I still have it. Figured that was more friendly than Walter White's dead mackerel eyes

Back