Spektrum Tx flight modes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noob68

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new to RC flying and forum. So anyway, part of my mid life crisis must involve learning to fly RC planes or maybe just to spend money on foam that explodes when it hits the ground. LOL. After watching Youtube videos decided to buy an apprentice RTF, everyone is out of stock, decided to buy an aeroscout RTF, everyone is out of stock. Mostly decided to buy one of these because every video I watched talked about the 3 available flight modes(beginner, intermediate, advanced.) Seems straight forward, right? Ended up buying a Turbo timber and a DX6 radio, thinking that since it had the same receiver as the apprentice and the aeroscout it would have the capability of the same flight modes. I have set up safe and assigned it to a switch, I have assigned 3 flight modes to B switch, but I am not sure where to get the parameters for setting the different flight modes. Also ended up purchasing an aeroscout BNF thinking that it would be a little better to learn on. I have downloaded the setups for both planes from spektrum website and uploaded to Tx, are the flight mode settings in this upload somewhere and I am just not setting Tx up correctly? Is there a good video or website that goes through this process? I have searched web, watched multitudes of videos, even as a last resort, read through Spektrum manual, to no avail. I just received the Aeroscout BNF(I believe the last one for sale in US) tonight and am waiting on batteries. So I am trying to get setup/programming complete for this weekend. All help greatly appreciated

I mention this to any new RC pilot or anybody who wants to get into it, I highly recommend the RF9 flight simulator. It was a huge help for me and my first flight was perfect without using the flight assist on my system.
I would also check out www.RCPlanet.com they have a bunch of planes in stock..

flight.jpg

Thanks, tuned. I have looked at simulators and will probably end up getting one after I crash a few more times, I'm stubborn(stupid) that way

LOL I get it. This simulator really helped a lot. I still use it often and I'm sure I will for quite awhile.

Back