Spektrum SR3300T Bind Port Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gosuto

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone, I checked around here and can't find an existing answer to this (but maybe there's a similar issue somewhere and my inexperience doesn't recognize it). In my Nitro Stampede I have the OEM Traxxas receiver and a Spektrum SR3300T. From what I can see, everything is wired to the Spektrum but there's a toggle switch connected to the bind port that goes nowhere afterwards but I think that may have been powering the LED lighting. My fear is, I switched it on and lost the binding to my radio in the process because now when I turn the power on to the receiver, the wheels turn hard left and I have no radio control of the truck. Am I better to pull it all and start from scratch or is this worth troubleshooting as-is?

NitroStampede2.jpg

The line with the bind port coming from the switch module is also used to charge the battery pack when the switch is in the off position. It shouldn't have any effect on the binding of the Rx. I'd suggest just trying a rebind and seeing what happens. Just make sure you have good, fully charged batteries. If the batteries in the Tx or the Rx are weak, servos and signals will have a mind of their own.

Ah, ok. I charged the batteries last night directly off the battery harness. At any rate, chasing this down has made me much more familiar with the electronics, so I'll call it a win!

Next up, learning the ins and outs of the nitro-methane motor...

Very much appreciated! Something to read with my coffee in the AM.

Sad panda update: Apparently I can't use my Traxxas Tx with the Spektrum SR3300T Rx. Sometimes the learning process can be a painful one. I'll just swap the Spektrum Rx out for the Traxxas Rx until I can order a Spektrum Tx :doh:

Sorry, man, but I didn't pick up on that. Not all combinations of Tx and Rx will bind with each other.
You can either get a Spektrum Tx or go for one of these 2.4 units WITH the Rx.
I already have a $500 M11, but picked up one of these for 1/3 the price of just an M11. receiver.
TrackStar D-Spec TS4G 2.4GHz 4-Channel Radio System...under $30.

Available from Hobby King.
If you just stay on that page for a couple of minutes, they'll give you a popup with a discount.

Very cool, thanks amigo. I just assumed since the receiver was already connected and the Traxxas Tx was the only one that came with the nitro, they would function together. The potential pitfalls of buying used...

Back