Spektrum or FrSky

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Spektrum on EVERYTHING. I've been using them since I first got back into the hobby.

I'm looking at a Spektrum DX10T or a FRSky X12S Horus. Has anyone got some user comments before I buy. Thanks
WOW....sorry, new to me. I clicked on that link to make sure you didn't make a typo on Flysky. The FRSky is a serious high end radio for flyers.
WAY beyond what you need or can use on a ground vehicle. @D3MON is correct that they are stick radios only, not wheel type.
You might also want to look into the Sanwa Airtronics controllers. I have the M-11 and I highly recommend it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Well, I see that this is posted in the aircraft forum so I can now assume you are looking for a radio for an airplane. Give us a little more info such as what plane you have and what your future plans might be. I have the Spektrum DX7 and it's fully programmable to handle all my planes and helicopters.
The look has changed since I got mine, but the new one has a 250 model memory.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPMR7000

At $300 it should cover all your needs, whereas the DX10T is $1,300. That's a serious high end professional unit and that's why I was asking what your plans are.

Last edited:
WOW....sorry, new to me. I clicked on that link to make sure you didn't make a typo on Flysky. The FRSky is a serious high end radio for flyers.
WAY beyond what you need or can use on a ground vehicle. @D3MON is correct that they are stick radios only, not wheel type.
You might also want to look into the Sanwa Airtronics controllers. I have the M-11 and I highly recommend it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Well, I see that this is posted in the aircraft forum so I can now assume you are looking for a radio for an airplane. Give us a little more info such as what plane you have and what your future plans might be. I have the Spektrum DX7 and it's fully programmable to handle all my planes and helicopters.
The look has changed since I got mine, but the new one has a 250 model memory.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPMR7000

At $300 it should cover all your needs, whereas the DX10T is $1,300. That's a serious high end professional unit and that's why I was asking what your plans are.
holy... didnt even see the price just saw the pictures, they look like very high end pieces. i know on amazon there were a few weird brands similarly named to the FlySky and what i was thinking when i saw FRsky.

I have the newer version of the DX7 that @Rolex was talking about and it's a sweet radio.

Back