Spektrum DX5C, SR6100AT receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply guys. Stupid mistake on my part. When I installed my steering servo I installed a analog servo instead of a digital servo. It will not bind with a analog. Running perfect now. Thanks again......John

Thanks for the reply guys. Stupid mistake on my part. When I installed my steering servo I installed a analog servo instead of a digital servo. It will not bind with a analog. Running perfect now. Thanks again......John

I just bought a DX5C with the SR6100AT. During binding my steering servo moved slowly to the left and let out the smoke.

Are you saying this is because my factory servo was analog and it just burned itself up? Is this due to AVC or Response rate?

I wanted to upgrade the servo eventually, but not this soon haha

Honestly I'm not sure why but somewhere I read that it will not bind with a analog servo and when I installed a Spektrum SR215 it works perfectly. My first servo burnt up also. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to electronics. :D

I'm climbing one limb at a time...:D

My replacement servo was digital and everything works just fine now. Maybe I bound it (the stock analog servo) with too fast of frame rate and toasted it?

Analog is supposed to be 22? It was bound at 11, and let the smoke out.

I did see in the manual warning of using non digital servos. I think AVC is the culprit on this too... as it’s specially warning that it can overheat analog servos. It’s on by default when you first try to bind, you need to turn it off before binding with analog I think.

I'm not sure, but I upgraded the servo and I’m happy in that regard.

Last edited:
I always thought there was something magical about smoke mysteriously appearing. At least that's what I read on the internet.

I purchased the same combo when it first came out. I have seven vehicles bound to my DX5C. Here’s what worked for me. The rest of you may scoff at this but the instructions that come with the receivers are a little different than the book that comes with the transmitter. I have always used those instead of the “book”. Never had any problems.

Back