Spektrum DX2 with multiple receivers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have about 3 cars. Do I have to buy 3 receivers so I can use the same radio? OR can I take out the rx each time I use a car?

I don't see why you can't take it out and swap cars. I don't know how many model settings the DX2 stores, but you should be able to setup the transmitter on a different model for each vehicle. Then you don't have to mess with adjustments when you go from one car to the next. You just have to switch models on the remote.

My airtronics stores up to 5 different vehicle settings. I just switch between 1, 2 and 3 depending on which truck I drive. Although, I do have a receiver in each truck, so I don't have to "swap" anything.

EDIT:

I just checked, the DX2 is a 2 channel 2 model radio. That means you would have to reconfigure everything for two of your vehicles each time you swap. One model could be the one you drive most...

I have about 3 cars. Do I have to buy 3 receivers so I can use the same radio? OR can I take out the rx each time I use a car?

You can move em....but its a hassle as you will have to re wire each time and build different models for each servo set.

The cost the DSMs is pretty cheap.....ebay is a good source, I picked up three myself and have been happy with them.

You may still need to set up different models on the radio if your servos are not the same orientation (some servos see direction backwards). An example is JR and Hitec....they work in opposite directions.......so you have to tweak the radio each time you switch between rigs....the spektrum makes that easy to do...and also will allow you switch set ups on the fly with the programmable models.

Ok I have exposed enough of my ignorance on the subject....somebody else jump in.

Later

Talon

The DX2 will support 2 models. The DX3 will support 4 models.

You can move em....but its a hassle as you will have to re wire each time and build different models for each servo set.

The cost the DSMs is pretty cheap.....ebay is a good source, I picked up three myself and have been happy with them.

You may still need to set up different models on the radio if your servos are not the same orientation (some servos see direction backwards). An example is JR and Hitec....they work in opposite directions.......so you have to tweak the radio each time you switch between rigs....the spektrum makes that easy to do...and also will allow you switch set ups on the fly with the programmable models.

Ok I have exposed enough of my ignorance on the subject....somebody else jump in.

Later

Talon

Back