Speed wobble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojoe_808

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hello my fellow RC family. For some reason only at high speeds my e revo turns left to right super fast. Sometimes it’s hard to drive. So I built this e revo from a 3.3. I still use my old revo 3.3 remote and receiver with the red reverse switch. When I drive the truck with the switch in reverse it doesn’t have the speed wobble and the punch is not all there. TSM doesn’t work unless I have the switch on forward. It’s never done this until a week ago. I’ve tried everything a glitch buster brand new tires and I just replaced everything. Everything on this truck is brand new now except the wing mount my shocks and the rocker suspension. I tried to switch the motor rotation to see if that was the problem. Can someone help me please.

are you using a servo saver. and you said you replaces all . so a new servo also?

are you using a servo saver. and you said you replaces all . so a new servo also
Yes I ditched the traxxas servos for 2 20 kg servos. And I’m using the servo arms that comes with the truck. Pretty much all original.

Last edited:
ok those stock servo savers do fail .might be causing wobble.. so you balanced all the tires and have a wobble..id use whatever arms that came with servo just as a test .

ok those stock servo savers do fail .might be causing wobble.. so you balanced all the tires and have a wobble..id use whatever arms that came with servo just as a test .
I’ve tried new servo savers and still. So if you take off fast and come to a stop the tires still turn. You can hear the servos and see the tires turn back and forth pretty fast.

You have too much toe out angle on the front causing the tires to wander at higher speeds.
Usually this occurs in reverse and not while going forwards because of the toe angle setup.

1616595280316.png

toe is good to check.. good point .. so how much stuff have you bumped into with front tires

You have too much toe out angle on the front causing the tires to wander at higher speeds.
Usually this occurs in reverse and not while going forwards because of the toe angle setup.

View attachment 126116
After going over this truck over and over again I found my drivers side is facing a little in. I’m going to adjust and go from there.

View attachment 126116
I’ve tried everything. I’m over traxxas for good. All their trucks are money pits. Arrma is where the love is. I replaced all the push rods. I even made some squares out of wood so I can align these wheels perfect and I have the same death wobble. I was going to buy a new transmitter and receiver to try that but I don’t wanna waste any more money.

I’ve tried everything. I’m over traxxas for good. All their trucks are money pits. Arrma is where the love is. I replaced all the push rods. I even made some squares out of wood so I can align these wheels perfect and I have the same death wobble. I was going to buy a new transmitter and receiver to try that but I don’t wanna waste any more money.
Smart move
Arrma 6s line is great stuff

Back