speed control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grrlracer

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
the new speed control i fitted my my rc is plug n play.when you first put it on whichever direction you push the throttle first will be set as forwards direction.

i didn't know this and must have pushed back, now all controls are reversed..i can just press 'R' on the transmitter and it drives correctly but i want it set up correctly.

would it do any harm if i disconnect the speed control from the rc and start again? or can it only be set up one time?

really don't wanna mess it up.

Just read the instructions from the speed control, it should tell you what you need to do

Just read the instructions from the speed control, it should tell you what you need to do

yes it says push in correct direction etc .. my question is,i have already set it wrongly.can i unplug speed control from rc and start again without doing any harm?

It will likely store that info so unplugging will likely do no good or else everytime you charged your battery you would have to reset it. Read directions inside and out, if that doesn't reveal the answer hit the net. Probably have to power on while holding the button down or something like that.

It should certainly be resettable. If you buy a new radio you'd have to program/calibrate it, so there has to be a way. Reread the directions, and also post up the brand/model.

Mark

On the radio itself there should be switches to reverse the controls. Usually near the trim settings.

On the radio itself there should be switches to reverse the controls. Usually near the trim settings.

yes i have reversed the controls on my transmitter so the car does go the right way.. but i wanted to re-set it properly ..as for the instructions they are very minimal.

the speed controller is called mtroniks auto sport tuned 20.

shall i just leave it how it is since it works properly anyway?

I say run as is, and just enjoy it. It is fixed as it is, that is why the channels are reversible like that.

I say run as is, and just enjoy it. It is fixed as it is, that is why the channels are reversible like that.

Ok thanks, i wasn't sure if i was damaging anything by continually running it on the reverse channel.

When you flipped the switch, it is no longer the reverse channel, but your forward channel. :)

No damage at all.

Thanks guys for the help .. I'm so stupid putting it in reverse to begin with.. and stupid for reading the instructions AFTER installing it lol

i just want them to be perfect ..is that weird? hehe

it's kinda niggling me that it's in reverse .. but i'm gonna take you guys advice n leave it alone :)

Think about it this way. Maybe the switch on your remote was backwards before, and when you flipped it, you make it correct.