Spectrum rc no throttle but have steering!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
My spectrum esc went into thermal mode last night! Now when i turn the car on there is a small single green flashing light! Then if I unplug the b lead and turn the esc on it flashes a solid green light. The same pattern and green light as it did before it went into thermal shutdown!

My spectrum esc went into thermal mode last night! Now when i turn the car on there is a small single green flashing light! Then if I unplug the b lead and turn the esc on it flashes a solid green light. The same pattern and green light as it did before it went into thermal shutdown!
If it continues to do the repeating single led flash after it cooled down, a different battery has been hooked up, and ESC re-calibration has been tried, then you'll need to do some troubleshooting to find out if youve damaged the motor or the ESC. Do you have another kit or any spare electronics you can try? For example try a known good motor with the ESC and see if the esc works or try a known good ESC with the motor from that kit and see if the motor works.

Last edited:
page 13-15 in manual give you advice of this issue....recalibrate esc.

Back