Sony Playstation 2 AC Adaptor Recall

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzoRC

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Sony is recalling some of their AC adaptor cords.
For model numbers that are affected, Click Here!

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check mine this weekend. It's installed in my MH, so it might take some work to get to the rear of it to see the numbers. I wonder what will happen if the plug is bad? Short?

I wonder how it works, like if ya have to send your old one back before they send ya a new one or not, cuz a couple weeks without the Ps2 would really blow..lol..

damn guys, 2 bucks at radio hack and your good to go...it's not like it has a power supply on the cord....it's a standard AC power cord.....I haven't had the sony one for over 8 years now...yes I have had mine since the day they came out....

I am a little confused, I don't have an AC Adapter box on mine just a cable like Pladfish mentioned and my model number is SCPH-39001

Thanks for the good looking out. Mine is a 70100???????

you would think after over 100 years of using electricity we "the world" would have perfected the power cord.

4u2nv said:
I wonder how it works, like if ya have to send your old one back before they send ya a new one or not, cuz a couple weeks without the Ps2 would really blow..lol..

the way its works is you order send them your adress and info and they send you a new power cord, they dont want the old one back. My brother had to get a new power cord for his Xbox it usually comes within the week of placing thed order.

FRIDGE said:
the way its works is you order send them your adress and info and they send you a new power cord, they dont want the old one back. My brother had to get a new power cord for his Xbox it usually comes within the week of placing thed order.
Yes the do want the old one back.

You can either call or get on the website and do it online. It's only the slims sold after 10/04 within certain date ranges.

Hey does anybody have problems with their slim's over heating? Mine does it after 20 min's of playing,and it's pissing me off.

that might be why they are recalling the power cords......if the resistance on the wire is too much it could cause the unit to heat up quickly.....you should swap it out quick to see......

I think i am,cause the box on the cord heat's up to.

My adapter is the sph-70100,that's one of the version's there not recalling recalling,

Got Nitro? said:
I think i am,cause the box on the cord heat's up to.

My adapter is the sph-70100,that's one of the version's there not recalling recalling,

I just copied this from the recall page.

PlayStation 2 (Model# SCPH-70011 and 70012) AC Adaptors (SCPH-70100) manufactured by Hipro Electronics free of charge.

It say's (scph-70100). See it???

Yeah i seen it,but when i went to do the recall check that one wasn't there.,but ill try again,anybody know of some really really small pc fan's,and where i could find them?

Radio shack has small fans.
I bought on for my DVD player that sits in an enclosed case.

Make sure you get the right voltage for the right application.

Thanks ratzo,i love my ps2 but i think it's bullshit that it overheat's so quicklly,here's some more info regarding the adapters

Q: Does this issue affect all consumers with a PlayStation®2 console?
A: No, only those consumers with PlayStation®2 console models # SCPH 70012 and SCPH 70011 may possibly be affected by the recall. These are the new slim-line PlayStation®2 consoles that were shipped last fall. Please note that the affected AC adaptors were not packaged with all slim line PlayStation®2 consoles. Just the PlayStation®2 consoles packaged with AC adaptors manufactured by Hipro Electronics and with certain AC adaptor date codes (2004.08, 2004.09, 2004.10, 2004.11, and 2004.12) Click here to find out how you can determine which model PlayStation® you have.

Back