Solved that pesky problem of the holes in the side of the bullets for the EC8 connectors!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you just tin the wire, then stick the soldering iron in that hole to heat the connector, then insert the wire while removing the soldering tip you can then use the hole to finish off the job by feeding solder in til the hole is full. This would require the hole be facing straight up, which if I had to guess, is how they intended those to be soldered, vs pre tinning the connector.
Theres a hole on both sides so you can't put it straight up without having one pointing straight down. Plus my wedge tip wont make very good contact if I stick the corner of it in that hole and a cone tip is to small to solder wire that big. In all honesty i dont think the cups are meant to be filled just lined with solder but I'm always afraid I wont get a good connection if I dont fill the cup. 🤷‍♂️

Theres a hole on both sides so you can't put it straight up without having one pointing straight down. Plus my wedge tip wont make very good contact if I stick the corner of it in that hole and a cone tip is to small to solder wire that big. In all honesty i dont think the cups are meant to be filled just lined with solder but I'm always afraid I wont get a good connection if I dont fill the cup. 🤷‍♂️
Ahh. Well, 2 holes, that's a problem you need help with from a buddy 🤣🤣🤣🤣