solder station

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm going to need to pick up a soldering station now that I'm getting into electric. I've been reading through some threads and it seems a lot of people recommend Hakko or Weller.

I've read some good reviews about the Hakko FX888, but I just can't get over the color scheme....I know you can't judge a book by its colors.

Since I’m new to soldering I like the idea of a digital temp display, so I’m wondering what the experienced think of these stations:

$(KGrHqZ,!i!E3dE!hEJWBOCU!q2n3w~~_12.JPG

pRS1C-4819275_rshalt1_dt.jpg

21-10115.jpg

Any digital suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Last edited:
I use the Radio Shack Station and I'm very impressed, and unless you do alot of builds you wont need one as much as you think, i have had mine 6 months and used it maybe 5 or 6 times, but they are nice to have when you need them, i use mine mainly for battery and ESC plug changes. All three of those are Great Stations with all the reviews.

Hobbico 60W handheld stick. I was going to buy a station but saw this at my LHS for $10. While I know you cannot fine tune everything like a full out station I am very happy with its performance. I've been able to take care of all of my battery, ESC, and motor needs without any issues. Freek has a point to where you may not use it as much as you think so why invest bigger $ into a part time tool? Just my .02

Well, even though I hate the color and no digital display I ordered a Hakko FX888.

The digital readout has GOT to be posted in the you're a noob if.. thread!

Lol easy enough to turn a dial to the same number everytime and go to work..

LMAO Rolex......Hakkos are awesome reguardless of the color.

LOL, I know. I might even take it apart and dye the purle black.

My solder station came today, and as everthing else, I couldn't keep it stock.

7340108202_e2e797759c_h.jpg

7340109050_6d862e8fc8_h.jpg

7340111582_6ae242805f_h.jpg

That actually looks very good. Nicely done!

Paint or Dye?

Yeah it's paint. I thought with that color of purple it was plastic, but it turned out I was half right in my assumption. The solder holder is all metal and the case is plastic, so I painted instead.

Did you mean to paint the case the same color as the heat control knob or did it just happen that way?

No plan, I just looked at my rattle can collection and grabbed it. I must have a good eye ;)

for sure the new paint makes it a lot faster. LOL

Back