Software Alert!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Error401

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Software warning!

Last year a friend of mine upgraded his software "GirlFriend 6.0" to "Wife 1.0", and noticed that the upgrade required so many system resources that it became almost impossible to run any other software simultaneously. He also noticed that "Wife 1.0" generates a "ChildProcess" which will require even more system resources in the future. None of these facts were mentioned in the user manual or product information, but many owners of "Wife 1.0" have warned potential users about these shortcomings.

Not only that, "Wife 1.0" installs in a way that keeps it eternally active and vigilant, and it oversees all other system operations. My friend noted that it became totally impossible to run most of his favorite applications, such as "PokerNight 6.2", "BeerBash 1.8" and "PubNight 7.0". If he tries to run any of these, the system crashes with a loud alert "You have requested an illegal operation" even though they had run perfectly before.

Installing "Wife 1.0", there are no options to exclude "MotherInLaw 2.3", and a very buggy beta-version of "BrotherInLaw". These mandatory programs are very poor in resources and strain the system to its extreme.

He'd like to see many improvements in a future version of "Wife", such
as:
- volume control
- a "don't remind me again" button
- a minimizing button
- allowing hardware activity in all operating modes
- a guide to de-installing "Wife" without depleting system resources

Furthermore, "Wife 1.0" has a completely undocumented bug: If you try to run "SideStep 1.1" before you've completely de-installed "Wife 1.0", the latter will erase all "MyMoney" files and then promptly de-install itself, deleting most of the system. After that it's impossible to run "SideStep 1.1" because of too little resources left to the system. To avoid this bug, you could try to run "SideStep 1.1" on a completely separate system, with no network connections and no file transfers to the system used for "Wife 1.0".

You'd better avoid freeware such as "OneNightStand 2.1", which may contain a virus which will infect "Wife 1.0". Shareware like "StreetCorner 3.6" is even more dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. A possible solution providing enough hardware activity is to try using "SideStep 1.1" under an assumed name via an internet provider. But even here a firewall and other protection is necessary to avoid unintentionally downloaded viruses which may adversely affect your hardware and spread through the system.

I've myself decided to avoid all the pitfalls in "Wife 1.0" by staying with "GirlFriend 4.0". But there are problems even with that. It's obvious you can't install "GirlFriend 5.0" directly over version 4.0. You must completely de-install 4.0 first. All other users have said this is a bug everyone should be aware of. There's obviously a severe conflict when different software versions are to share the same hardware. To make matters even worse, de-installation of previous versions of "GirlFriend" don't work very well, they all leave small but noticeable traces in the system.

Another thing to remember: All versions of "GirlFriend" generate frequent, annoying pop-up messages about the benefits of upgrading to "Wife 1.0".

Caveat emptor!

See that's why i'm strongly against the use of Wife 1.0. People who use it are just crazy. Sure seems like a virus to me. I think i'll stick with GirlFriend 6.0 until a better version of Wife 1.0 comes out, but then again it may never happen, we'll see.

most of the people on here are using hand 5.0.

More cost effective solution IMO, easy to deploy and nearly no administrative effort to keep updated.

Only downside is there's no manual provided for the truely inexperienced, so some people can't figure the program out for awhile.

I happen to like my version of Wife 1.0. It is the Mac version and is much smoother that the others. It comes with all kinds of perks...like Blowjob in the shower 2.0, Handjob under the covers 3.0, Cooks4U 6.0, and many more. Perhaps you guys just need to get the right version of Wife 1.0.

:D

Sounds like you got the add-ons. The standard version isn't that good. How hard was it to setup something like that?

It took a few hacks to get it just right, but it is stable. The Children 3.0 that ended up coming along as an upgrade was a kick in the jimmy from the resource usage viewpoint, but the initial shock to the system has passed. Now things, are pretty much back to normal.

I’ve been having problems with my v 1.0 she won’t quit unless I put my disc in her.DAM I tired of that .I fill like a piece of meat.:LoL:

LMAO...I'm sure she feels like one too...or at least she must to want it so much.

Just send her over to me. I'll format her and reload her, stick a cat5 in her nic and tell her how to act and she'll be the compliant dream you once had.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I happen to like my version of Wife 1.0. It is the Mac version and is much smoother that the others. It comes with all kinds of perks...like Blowjob in the shower 2.0, Handjob under the covers 3.0, Cooks4U 6.0, and many more. Perhaps you guys just need to get the right version of Wife 1.0.

:D

That's iWife 1.0, right? Most of the Mac programs are more stable, though a bit harder to find in these parts, and I really don't like mail ordering software.

I keep PimpHand6.0 around in case Wife1.0 starts to act up...

It's funny. You see a joke on the Internet one year and a few years later you see the same joke all spruced up.

I must have found a stable version of Wife 1.0 for the PC. I won't describe any umm... "initmate activities" like sky did, but I can tell you Wife 1.0 takes a spin my Hard Drive frequently. :naughty:

That is why I am waiting for someone to create a Linux or BSD version of Wife 1.0. :) Much more stable. And I can recompile new features into the kernel when I want to.

Just as many young users I had very little knowledge of the operating system. My first attempt was to install V .5 this taught me what to look for in choosing my next OS. After several months and at great expense I tried to format the drive but had difficulties. I had to call in a technician to help with the issues and he decided to take the OS and see if he could reprogram it for himself. After feelings of betrayal I gladly let him keep it.

Moving on from there, over the next 10 years I tried several different packages ranging from never before released versions all the way to someone else’s used copy with several pre installed applications, one with an entire work suite. A few times along the way I also tried to evaluate someone else’s OS. I don’t recommend this. I found a great alternative called Shareware this was great for a while however I found that the author usually wasn’t very good and either crippled it or it was full of bugs. Fun but never the less not a permanent solution. During this time period I became fond of manual computing and occasionally still practice my programming technique.

As time went on I finally decided to install a few try before you buy evaluation copies. Several of the packages were great. It seems as if they all had a common bug. With out exception they took over the sound card and dominated the audio controls. Thank God these packages had a built in expiration date, Buy now or move on.

One day out of the blue an OS found me. I just opened my eyes and there it was. Wife V1.0. It let me install it at my own pace and never crashed or exceeded the hardware limitations. After installation it needed no customization. A short time later I found the author programmed this OS in a different language. After installing a Language Pack everything moved forward with ease.

After 9 years of using this Wife V 1.0 it functions better than ever allowing me unrestricted access to the admin and gaming folders. My OS has never abused the audio features and for the most part plays soothing music. My Wife 1.0 has a built in firewall allowing it to unlimited passage to the outside world while warding off hackers and restricting other users to anything more than look. I plan on keeping this version till the hardware crashes.

Last edited:
Nice piece Eddy..... I meant your post of course...lol

Where's that beautiful harmonic blend of strings and woodwinds coming from?

Unfortunately, my most recent copy of GirlFriend 6.0 just crashed. It sucked, but I seemed to get everything cleaned and running fine again. I did just stumble on a nice bundle, though. Just after the crash, I found copies of AdultFilmSection 2.5 and BoxOfKleenex 2.0. I think that should be fine until the next version of GirlFriend is released..

Back