So, Who works at your LHS?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
The guy (Eric) who up until a few months or so ago that ran the RC department at out local HobbyTown Never showed up for work one day. It was a mystery as to where he went. Roomers had it that he had some family troubles in San Diego and had to go straighten things out.

He had always been nice to me and in his own way was a knowledgeable guy and a decent racer. For the few years I knew him he had always been guarded about his personal life. We all know people like that don't we? Nothing that out of the ordinary. He did have a quick temper but seemed to know it and would always try to make right if went off on someone.

Its a small world when it comes to the RCs.
I got this in my mailbox a few minutes ago.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/09/17/news/sandiego/21_54_399_16_05.txt
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050915-9999-6m15sele.html

Well when it comes to my Lhs most of our guys race so they know a few things,There's this chick there that ran the hobby shop on race days,all i gotta say is damnn that got me back into the hobby,Most of the staff is knowlegble except this one guy named cory who's a complete retard when it comes to helping people,he sold me the wrong part,of the same buggy he raced,and the wrong part for the same truck he owned,Lost in his own little world.

beason said:
dont get it.. was one of those people him??

I'm asuming the guy he's talking about,is going up for a robbery and gun charges, in San diego,Guessing if eddy is talking about the same eric.

Yes Eric Paz was the guy from HT.
Scary, You never really know who someone is.

And I suppose your past is squeaky clean right Ed?????
crap I just noticed I'm off the supporting member's list....DOOOAH...and I PM'd you about that last week.....doin it now.....

Ed's a suspected terrorist who flies rc planes over restricted areas.

at least he doesn't make bombs out of gunpowder.

robmob said:
Ed's a suspected terrorist who flies rc planes over restricted areas.

I told a Marine about that a few months ago and he couldn't beleive it...said if that security guard tries that again you have every right inthe world to knock his ass out before the cops get there.....if you call 911 w/ a fraudulent complaint YOU are the one who gets fiddlesticked....and you can defend yourself as though he was physically attacking you if he tried to stop you from leaving....especially when you're on property he's not associated with....HMMM....

My god man that's horrible. +1 for kharma.

But how would you know, I guess. I'm that way too, I don't associate with people a lot. Most of them think I'm a social misfit, got a bad attitude, wife's sister has even said arrogant - but of course, she's all sunshine and smiles to my face, the two-faced bitch, another wonderful thing that keeps me away from people and their s**t. The truth is I just am real short on patience for everyone's whining and their personal drama, which a lot of people can't seem to keep to themselves. So I've often wondered if people think I'm a psycho killer or something. :D

Not that I really give a s**t. Just wonder now and then.

rocknbil said:
My god man that's horrible. +1 for kharma.

But how would you know, I guess. I'm that way too, I don't associate with people a lot. Most of them think I'm a social misfit, got a bad attitude, wife's sister has even said arrogant - but of course, she's all sunshine and smiles to my face, the two-faced bitch, another wonderful thing that keeps me away from people and their s**t. The truth is I just am real short on patience for everyone's whining and their personal drama, which a lot of people can't seem to keep to themselves. So I've often wondered if people think I'm a psycho killer or something. :D

Not that I really give a s**t. Just wonder now and then.

i think your a pshyco,but take that as a complitment,Everybody has there down sides,just some are worse than others.

Thats crazy my neighbor that i lied next door to for like 12 years is a murderer and no one knew nothing expect for like a year or 2 ago he was caught on a murder charge from like 20 years ago and they finally caught him

scary though

I thought of this thread today after stoppping by the LHS. The knowledgeable guy who is normally there was absent so I asked the owner where he was. Turns out he was busted for selling methamphetamines and is locked up for at least 2 years. He didn't seem to be the type either, well except for the colored hair I would have never known he was a drug dealer. It's also his third time getting caught for the offense. :shrug:

ok this is just a thought but dont turn your back on FastEddy it would seem he has friends in low places.

And my wife always wants to know why i dont want to go over to the BBQ at the nice quite guys house around the corner. You can't trust nice quite people there hiding something and it never turns out to be good.

... But, while you're watching the quiet ones, a LOUD one will kill ya! Think about it... you're sittin in a bar; which one is more likely to kill a person; the guy sitting quietly in the corner reading a book (who takes a book to a bar, anyways?!), or the loud one banging a big knife on the counter shouting "I'LL KILL THE NEXT MUMMAHUMMA THAT WALKS IN THIS PLACE!!!"

(Quoted from George Carlin)

That being said; the manager from the hobby shop I worked at, when he was fired, ran a pickup thru the front of the hobby shop. This was after I left the place (found a better, more sane job). All the while, he was a quiet guy, altho a little heavily into da sauce.

What blows me away :D is that these business owners aren't doing a background check.

Agreed there. They probably figure 'eh, its just toys, no big deal'... Couldn't be more important to do a background check, as some of these shops sell toys (the one I worked at sold electric trains, static models, and thomas the tank engine toys). I stopped keeping track of how many kids came into the shop, and we were located out away from the main part of town. Had it been a shopping center, that place probably would have been deemed 'Daycare Center'.

If it were me, I'd run about every background check possible... NCIC, credit, employment history... I'd wanna know if someone that did something inappropriate to a chicken was at possible risk of being near someones kid, ya know? Stuff like that is sort of a liability waiting to literally bite you in the boo-boo.

rocknbil said:
I'm that way too, I don't associate with people a lot. Most of them think I'm a social misfit, got a bad attitude.... The truth is I just am real short on patience for everyone's whining and their personal drama....

I bet you and I would get along! People in general to me are considered annoyances. If I wanted your life story, I'd either tell you mine or I'd have asked... I think people like us have a sign stamped on our forheads that we can't see "PLEASE TELL ME ALL YOUR PROBLEMS".

I don't have anything that weird at my LHS's that I know of. I just have an idiot behind the counter. Last night I stopped to pick up a new header for my revo and I picked up a 40T spur. The guy asked why I wanted that spur, I said for low end torque. He says I need to go smaller... I just said "So... you actually work here... right?". Oddly enough, he didn't realize I was being sarcastic and went into explaining why a larger spur gives you more top end. Then I said "I guess we will agree on disagreeing."... he didn't get it.

Eddy, it's your close brush with the infamous.

I've lived in Washington for twenty years and have always commuted a considerable distance.

I'm sure I've driven past the Green River Killer (Gary Ridgeway) many times. I drive right by his former employer every day. I probably drove past many of his victims as well.

Back