So I Went To the LHS To Pick Up Some Parts...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
And left with one of these LOL. I picked it up to work on orientation, and mainly learning nose in stuff, as I still want to learn the heli thing. It's much less stable than a co-axial, but less so than a full on CP heli. It's really durable, so I'm not worried about crashing it, thus my learning curve is moving along nicely. I can't put it down, I'm hooked.

IMG_5781Medium.jpg

How long does a charge last? How long does a charge take? Is it IR or RF?

Sorry for the questions... I've picked one up about 15 times at my LHS. Looks like it could be fun if you have enough open air indoors.

How long does a charge last? How long does a charge take? Is it IR or RF?

Sorry for the questions... I've picked one up about 15 times at my LHS. Looks like it could be fun if you have enough open air indoors.

No worries on the questions, glad to answer them. About five minutes to a charge. Comes with a nice four port lipo quick chager, and two batteries, takes about 30 minutes to charge. It's 2.4Ghz out of the box, and has on the fly dual rates on the trans. I don't have a ton of room, I'm in an apartment, and can fly slow circles and figure 8's.

I got a buddy that's got one, so we have little competitions. Put a drink coaster on the table, now land on it. You nailed it, great. Now do it nose in. :hehe: stuff like that.

Last edited:
Those are tough little choppers. I was trying one out at my lhs and accidentally hit a display counter after catching gust from another customer walking by. There was no damage at all to the counter or the mSR.

Those are tough little choppers. I was trying one out at my lhs and accidentally hit a display counter after catching gust from another customer walking by. There was no damage at all to the counter or the mSR.

Yeah they are. I have a buddy who's been flying a coaxial for a bit, so I took it over the other day. I flew a couple of packs, then offered him the trasmitter. Now way he said, I don't wanna break it. I promptly grabbed the heli and chunked it across the room onto the hardwood floor. You should have seen the look on his face! Walked over and picked it up, stuck a pack in it, and flew it around without even having to re trim it. Needless to say, he flew it for a about 30 seconds before crashing it. I give him a month and he'll have one. :hehe: I'm amazed at how tough it is.

I saw one of those fly the other day and I was rather impressed by it. It is a real fun little copter. As stated above they are pretty tough too. It is bugging me pretty bad actually....too cool

I know I said it already, but I seriously can't put the thing down. I came home on lunch just to fly a couple of packs LOL. I don't think anyone stepping up from a co-axial will be dissapointed at all. I already ordered something for it too, should be here tomorrow and I'll post up pics.

We had our friends over a few weeks ago and one of them brought his MSR. Initially, the dual rate was in the higher sensitivity mode which made it nearly uncontrollable for a newbie. Once we figured out how to get into the other DR mode it was a blast. I pulled out my MCX and we battled indoors, and tried to do goofy stuff like land on the ceiling fan blades. Great fun.

We had our friends over a few weeks ago and one of them brought his MSR. Initially, the dual rate was in the higher sensitivity mode which made it nearly uncontrollable for a newbie. Once we figured out how to get into the other DR mode it was a blast. I pulled out my MCX and we battled indoors, and tried to do goofy stuff like land on the ceiling fan blades. Great fun.

You know SD, I would have thought the MSR would default to low rates. I flew it around for an entire evening on high rates, then pushed the clicker on the stick when I thought I was ready. To my surprise, I was now in low rates. :hehe: The one thing I didn't like about the low rates was it gives almost no backward swash movement though.
Hmmmm.gif
, landing on ceiling fan blades you say.....gotta look at the gap between the ceiling fan and the ceiling when I get home.

We have vaulted ceilings and the fan hangs 5-6 feet from the ceiling. The only place you can land is the tip of the blades where the surface is flat. It only took about 30 failures to figure that out. lol

At one point I got caught on the fan and started to spin it around. We were all rolling with laughter seeing this little tiny helicopter spinning around the massive fan. I ended up burning the servo that controls forward movement. :hehe:

We have vaulted ceilings and the fan hangs 5-6 feet from the ceiling. The only place you can land is the tip of the blades where the surface is flat. It only took about 30 failures to figure that out. lol

At one point I got caught on the fan and started to spin it around. We were all rolling with laughter seeing this little tiny helicopter spinning around the massive fan. I ended up burning the servo that controls forward movement. :hehe:

LOL that's awesome. So do you just replace the motor itself, since that's how these little things are set up?

Yes, you can get replacement servos for about $12.

Back