so i tore apart a new bright 1/6th scale...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klown

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
its the big hummer h2 full body SUV, I've had it since i was a kid and had lost the remote some time ago... but the body and the interior are really nice and while taking it apart i decided that i want to use it and build something different from it. the body is so large and heavy that i know that speed is going to be way out of the question with electric and still have decent run times. i haven't seen any kind of parking lot cruiser rc's so i was thinking of doing something low with tucked wheels... maybe even an adjustable suspension if i can figure out a way to control it from the remote somehow... any idea's or suggestions? the size is going to be the biggest thing trying to make a good chassis that doesn't weigh a ton. hopefully i will be able to build it sometime this year, i want to get a good idea of what its going to cost before i start... i have seen some of the build posts here and have checked some of the prices that you guys spend... my wife would strangle me, lol:hehe:

Klown, ASK ROLEX !!

Also, check for a thread called "Size Matters" he is doing / has done, pretty much what you are looking to do.

Klown, ASK ROLEX !!

Also, check for a thread called "Size Matters" he is doing / has done, pretty much what you are looking to do.

Here's the build thread on mine. It's not the H2, but the Humm-Vee, and it had no interior, just dark windows.

SIZE MATTERS

Find a steel collar that fits your neck. Your wife WILL want to strangle you if you go as far as I have. :D

I'm at around $800 right now with the cost of the original truck, the brushless setup, 2.4 GHz 4 channel receiver, Revo difs and 2 speed nitro trans with reverse, Slayer A-arms and rods, 3 servos, alloy Humm-Vee scale wheels, Rok Lok tires, one off brass chassis, motor mounts, plexiglas windows, paints, laser printed decals, batteries, stainless steel cable on the winch, LED lights, etc, etc, etc, along with everything I forgot about.
....not to mention well over 100 hours over the last year or so.

I've been giving this all my spare time in the last few weeks since I'm getting close to the end.
EVERY single minute is absolute enjoyment, even when it doesn't work out. There's nothing like a hand built rig. Ask any of the guys who build their scale crawlers.

Back