So i put my 4s electronics in my parts truck i bought yesterday just for fun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score

There's like no room between the motor and esc

20190613_201615.jpg

All I did was read the headline to this and thought to myself I remember modifying a Bandit and putting in a Castle 4900. 3 seconds later it was in alot of pieces..... Hopefully your results were better...lol

I didnt get a video of mine. But i hit the go button, it shot to the left, left the ground when it hit the curb, it went about 15 feet in the air. A wheel went one way other small things went in otber various ways and gravity did the rest. It is in slow motion in my head as I remember it. And all I can think is it went from zero to holy crap really fast. Its not every day you can wreck and bend an aluminum shock tower and fold back an alumium bumper. I ended up ordering more parts putting it back together and selling it to my lawn guy. I got 3 months of free lawn service. And a memory of things not to do. The way it went left I think a steering arm broke or wheel hub broke. I will never know because they were in pieces. And that wasn't my first wreck it has not been my last. When you build expensive toys that go way past 80mph expect expensive fixes. Of course I prefer to wreck my RC and not my 442 that runs 8 sec 1/4..

I didnt get a video of mine. But i hit the go button, it shot to the left, left the ground when it hit the curb, it went about 15 feet in the air. A wheel went one way other small things went in otber various ways and gravity did the rest. It is in slow motion in my head as I remember it. And all I can think is it went from zero to holy crap really fast. Its not every day you can wreck and bend an aluminum shock tower and fold back an alumium bumper. I ended up ordering more parts putting it back together and selling it to my lawn guy. I got 3 months of free lawn service. And a memory of things not to do. The way it went left I think a steering arm broke or wheel hub broke. I will never know because they were in pieces. And that wasn't my first wreck it has not been my last. When you build expensive toys that go way past 80mph expect expensive fixes. Of course I prefer to wreck my RC and not my 442 that runs 8 sec 1/4..

LOL....like this!

Yep i think yours stayed together better...lol..?
The only problem with that kinda car, you need a very clean surface with no bumps, I take it you lost control and hit something

Yep i think yours stayed together better...lol..?

It wasn't that bad ,what hurt the most ,was destroying a new body ,the broken running gear parts ,I have plenty
of spares ,bang the body & get a new ESC ,it destroyed the ESC as well ,that's why I haven't fixed it yet!
The car only had a few test runs on it ,when it happen ,Did not get a chance to get a MPH out of it!

The only problem with that kinda car, you need a very clean surface with no bumps, I take it you lost control and hit something

I was fully in control until I hit the brakes ,that is what happens when you put a o-way spool diff in that was intended
for the track use ,an not for high speed run cars!