Snakes Are Cool Beans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was going down to Fort Story today for work because I have a few of my guys working down there and I needed to check on them. FGor the record this also more or less meant I could be gone for the entire day and no one would be the wiser.

I decided to take Bonita with me. She's a 18 month old Red Tail Boa that I have had for almost a year and she's just over 4 feet long. Anyway most of my co-workers are not afraid of snakes save one. That dude is always looking in my pockets for bulges that might be snakes (I frequently keep my baby snakes in my pockets when I go to work). Anyway nothing happened out of the ordinary aside from when I pulled Bonita out he jumped back and was ready to swing his fist. Such is life.

This evening I went to the pet store to get 2 rats and a mouse for my snakes' dinner. All of my snakes ate rather rapidly. The big difference that I kinda noticed tonight was that I am no longer interested in taking pics of the entire meal from strike to swallow. I drop the live rat in the bathtub wait for it to be constricted then I go and drop the mouse in the kitchen sink and wait for that to be constricted. The the last lucky snake gets their food hand fed, careful not to hold on too long or too near the body of the rat otherwise you might be bleeding, in the living room.

One by one as the snakes finish their meal I will return them to their cages and watch the others. Just another night with EP.

****Note to self: Stay the heck out of Pirata's house!!****

Matts, what's even scarier is when you're all crashed out in bed. You feel something warm rubbing over your leg. You open your eyes and realize it ain't your girlfriend........

Snake-a-pult......

Originally posted by Candyman
Matts, what's even scarier is when you're all crashed out in bed. You feel something warm rubbing over your leg. You open your eyes and realize it ain't your girlfriend........

Snake-a-pult......
You're definately a novice when it comes to snakes. You will not feel something warm rubbing your leg. For the record, it will be rather cool rubbing your leg!

I agree snakes are cool beans. When I lived in Florida I used to breed snakes. I had a 13' female burmese python, a 8' male burmese, a pair of ball pythons, a pair of california king snakes desert phase, a pair of pueblen milk snakes, and a pair of red tail boas. as well as 4 iguanas. At the moment I only have 1 iggy left but I am planning on getting another red tail.

Thats a gorgeous boa! Man you are making me miss my snakes. Although I never took mine to the park. I did however take them to Ft. Laud beach quite a few times when I lived in Florida. Believe it or not it was a great way to meet women.

Gotta love those snakes...

I used to have quite the menagerie....4 Ball Pythons, 3 Ferrets, 2 Cats, 3 Firebelly Toads, 2 tanks full of assorted tropical fish, 1 tank full of snake food (mouse farm).

Now I only have 1 cat and 2 dogs.

Ahh, making me miss my snake as well, hold on a second while I go visit him in the restroom :x . Seriously, I had a Burmese python that grew to about 6' long before I "gave" him back to the petstore. Good 'ol Jake the Snake. Pretty cool to have in college. Anyways, I knew it was time for him to go when he started to look at my chihuahua with that twinkle in his eyes.

Meat group!!! I have a few SF buddies that kept hundreds for venomous snakes that they found in their travels. Guess how they fed them?

Back