Small update on the Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got my dig working here is a real small video of how much difference it makes when turning fisrt in 4WD then Free wheel then dig fully engaged, man I can't wait for the comp in San francisco tomarrow.

[ame=http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn124/abadk9420/?action=view&current=CanuDigit.flv]
th_CanuDigit.jpg
[/ame]

Well I just thought I would share a few new photos of some of the changes made since the last time, I have installed a Mamba Max ESC w/ a CC BEC upgraded the steering servo to a Hitec 7995TG, I think I finally goy my ride height where I want it sitting at 2 3/4", running two stock Axial spacers in each shock with 35w oil and some shorter traxxas springs because I was getting two much preload wi the stock springs and two spacers, I also picked up one of fast eddy's spacer kits and let me tell you it is sweet, and since i had it I decided to space my shocks and lower links apart a little, I alsp picked up some TCS Delrin axle plates to mount on the rear axle, not sure what I am going to put the yet but it gives me place to put things and I like the way they look, and some Axial aluminum rear lock outs. Here are some pics

ESC, servo and bec

P1050016Medium.jpg

P1050015Medium.jpg

Ride Height

P1050010Medium.jpg

Fast Eddy spacer kit at work

P1050019Medium.jpg

P1050002Medium.jpg

P1050018Medium.jpg

Axle Plates and Rear Lock outs

P1040999Medium.jpg

Some random pics

P1050021Medium.jpg

P1050023Medium.jpg

There is more to come soon just waiting on parts to arive, I will post more pics when they come in.:D

Last edited:
very nice!!! more than coming along, you only have a few things left to do for it to be a complete comper!!! great job Curtis!!!

Thanks for the compliments, its coming along, the one big thing that I think will put it over the top is a dig, and it is so close to going in I touch it, "literaly", LOL!!!!

getting alittle to personal there Curtis lol, so close to going in you can touch it? lol jk.

man your rig is getting better and better

so what are u waiting on and when is the dig goin in?dna dig?

man your rig is getting better and better

so what are u waiting on and when is the dig goin in?dna dig?

Here is whats comimg:
CBP 1500mah 8 cell saddle packs
Axial Aluminum hubs and C carriers
Thunder Tech MIP Shortend Drive shaft
Losi Grappler body
EEM Motor mount and body mounts
Crawford Performance Engineering High Clearance AX-10 Steering link

And when the new front out drive comes in, then the DNA Dig will be going in as well:D

Last edited:
yeah its just right there on the verge of being an all out comp rig!!! as cool as alot of the comp chassis are that are out there, as long as the stock axial is setup right you can definatly use it as well as a comp chassis imo, doesn't mean its as good as some of the comp chassis' but if you set it up great and are a good driver its so comp capable....again great job on your rig curtis!!!

Here is whats comimg:
CBP 1500mah 8 cell saddle packs
Axial Aluminum hubs and C carriers
Thunder Tech MIP Shortend Drive shaft
Losi Grappler body
EEM Motor mount and body mounts

And when the new front out drive comes in, then the DNA Dig will be going in as well:D

man your getter up there can't wait to see it all done

Update to the small update

Well I got most of my parts and my dig is almost set up, I also picked up a Spectrum Module and Rx for my Hitec radio, here are a few more pics

P1050106Medium.jpg

P1050056Medium.jpg

P1050124Medium.jpg

P1050125Medium.jpg

P1050126Medium.jpg

P1050133Medium.jpg

P1050132Medium.jpg

P1050128Medium.jpg

P1050130Medium.jpg

And there you go....:D

I also kinda picked up a sponser, no free parts yet but I am getting everything at almost cost...

nice!!!! looks completly different now....great job Curtis.

wow man that thing looks good now with that grappler body

do you keep it in a dog carrier curtis? lol.

sure it does lol....any more updates Curtis????

just watched the vid!!! congrats on the dig man, it makes SO much difference in every aspect in crawling...

nice video make sure u take home the 1st today lol

and get some pictures fromthe comp

nice video make sure u take home the 1st today lol

and get some pictures fromthe comp

Not even close to first at the comp today, those rocks kicked my A$$!!!:angry:, I did get pics taken by one of my buddies girlfriend so if they look good I will post them later...:D

Back