Slow servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juanmarteen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Tmaxx classic. Throttle and shift servos are super sluggish until they cycle a few times (like they have to warm up?). Once they'be been cycled a few times they seem to operate at a normal speed.
This rig was sitting on a garage shelf for at least two years, if not longer before it was given to me. Pretty strong evidence of ocean beach use without much cleaning. Can the servos be saved, or am I looking at replacing them real soon?

You might try looking into a rebuild kit, though I think that since the price on the stock servos isn't too high that I'd just replace them myself.

You can usually snag the traxxas blue waterproof servos off ebay pretty cheaply. I'd just replace them before they fail on you in a way that costs you more $.

Replace it is! I've read in various places about an upgrade to the newer style steering from the 3.3 Maxx's - I'll look into that also as long as I'm buying servos.

Yeah, if you still have the servo mounted saver, your driving a dog. The saver that is in the pivot post gives you much better steering overall. Back in the day, it was more of a hassle of modifying an 1/8th buggy post/pivot. I bought a pro-line kit when they still made it. Pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore, but with the 3.3 maxx having it OEM, should make it pretty easy to put on an older maxx.

Back