Slop in Losi Mini-T wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngwie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all,

I just got a new Losi Mini-T today. When I got it out of the box I noticed that the rear wheels have a lot (IMO) of slop in the rear wheels. The slop seems to be the axle wobbling around inside the hub carrier. The wheel nuts are not loose and there is minimal play in and out.

It is not only in the “toe in/out” direction but also the “+/- camber” direction. It almost seems as though it has no bushings in the hub carrier, or the bushing O.D. is undersize where they go into the wheels.
They go from about 10 degrees toe in to about 0 degrees and from about 5 degrees negative camber to 5 degrees positive camber. The drive cups move as the wheels do, so I don’t believe it’s slop between the axles and wheels, it’s between the axles and the hub carrier.

I just looked at the front and they seem to be the same way, but not as bad. The rest of the slop in the front end seems to be from the steering linkage, which I’ve read needs to be addressed.

My question is Is this normal for the Mini-T wheels? Do I need to put bearings in it to get rid of this slop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yngwie

I'll be upgrading to bearings soon, but I was just curious as to why there is sooo much slop with the stock bushings. 10 degrees range of motion seems like a lot to me even with cheapo stock plastic bushings.

The drive cups also move with the tires and I'm a little worried that at speed something may bind up and tear something else up.

I'll also swap out the steering linkage when i get the bearings... probably oil shocks, too.

I'm sure I'll have a blast with this truck during the winter while waiting for warmer days for the Revo outside.

Anyone else had a situation like this? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Yngwie

Back