Slash to Tekno or Losi steering setup switch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The RC Car

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, y'all! I was wondering if y'all have any thoughts on me fitting the Losi SCTE steering setup onto a slash 4x4, I'm making another chassis for the slash 4x4 anyway, so I could just make it to fit the Losi front assembly. I'm wondering if y'all have thoughts on it is because I've never seen the Losi up close so I don't know if there is something that would make it not work. I want to put the Losi or Tekno steering setup in because I HATE the way the slash 4x4's steering is set up, it constantly rubs against the driveshaft and the chassis gets in the way of a longer steering horn which limits the steering, that's is why I'm making another chassis. I've thought about selling the Slash 4x4 and getting a Tekno or Losi, but people don't really seem to be selling those used, and I don't like the a-arms in the Losi or Tekno. Thanks!

I do know the slash 4x4/stampede 4x4 entire front end/steering/c-hubs are an abysmal design if you like things staying within close tolerances. They are both just a sloppy mess after a very short time and really no good way to fix it without replacing parts repeatedly. I gave up on my stampede, just a basher anyway, but the wandering at 40mph makes it pretty sketchy, which just gets worse as time goes on.

I do know the slash 4x4/stampede 4x4 entire front end/steering/c-hubs are an abysmal design if you like things staying within close tolerances. They are both just a sloppy mess after a very short time and really no good way to fix it without replacing parts repeatedly. I gave up on my stampede, just a basher anyway, but the wandering at 40mph makes it pretty sketchy, which just gets worse as time goes on.
And on top of it I have no steering radius, and full size SUV would beat my slash at 30 MPH

I noticed that on my slash running it on the road ,it drives me nuts ,I never took it out on dirt yet ,wondering
if it is less noticable on rougher terrain?

I noticed that on my slash running it on the road ,it drives me nuts ,I never took it out on dirt yet ,wondering
if it is less noticable on rougher terrain?
It's just as bad on rough terrains :(

It's not as noticeable as your bouncing around a bit anyway. I notice it most when on pavement, like if I have a narrow line in a skate park to thread through a spot to hit a jump at speed, I have to be careful or it wanders and smacks into something. But when bashing at the park or grass skate park, I don't notice the wander nearly as much.

Back