Slash 2WD problem going from fwd. to reverse. (Double click required)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
My new 2wd TRAXXAS Slash just started doing this: It goes fwd. fine, it will brake well, but it will not reverse - until I double click the trigger, then it reverses, and when I stop to go fwd, I have to double click again to go fwd. Is this an ESC programming error? (This is aSlash -with a Brushless Velineon Motor, (3351R) and an ESC - VXL-3S

3 Comments

Comment

Send

My traaxas escs always did that. Keeps the truck from throwing into reverse while going forward.

Double click to go forward doesn't sound right?

I had that happened to my Xl 5 Slash where it was in race mode which does not have reverse

Most 2S+ RC will be programmed with a delay between going forward and reverse. Having the drivetrain all moving one way and suddenly applying power the other direction is a recipe for lightening your wallet

Most will also come with reverse set to 25 or 50% force also for this reason. Increases the likelihood you made a complete stop before changing to forward. I just put all my stuff in forward/brake only

Back