SKYRC GSM-015 GNSS GPS Speed Meter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, wondering if anyone has had the issues I am having with SKYRC GNSS Logger -015???

I have to say I am having major problems with this unit. The app running on my Apple computer (connecting the GSM unit by a cable to set it up and also view information etc on Google maps) just crashes when I press the config button on the computer screen and the developer are no help - all they say is upload the new update - I have done that and no difference and now they say they will look at the issue in a few weeks - and to make the quality problems worse is the back cover for the battery is not well designed or secure so the first time I use it while attached to my Xmaxx, has fallen off and is lost, so basically while the unit was still attached to my RC car by Velcro tape the cover was missing!!!! My dealer has said I am not the first one with these two issues and have now stopped selling this unit as they feel it is not good customer service. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've had absolutely zero issues with mine I've bashed with it in a rig crashed and cartwheeled and I speed run also and it's been great. I Velcro mine to my rig as well and case is still all together no issues? Try using the power GNSS app for the power hobby GNSS as it works for the SkyRC GNSS as well.

Hi thanks for your comments. Sorry but I think we are talking about different units as the SKYRC GSM-015 GNSS GPS Speed Meter is not bluetooth enabled and can only be used via the cable (included in the box) and can only be setup when connect (to a computer) via this cable and to download run/flight information.

Marksy any way to do a factory reset?. and velcro is a bad choice Id go with 3M dual lock...contact flysky and see if they will do anything.heard guys with a windows comp have ok luck...got any access to 1?I use 2 different gps units . a Magellan and a roadrunner

Marksy any way to do a factory reset?. and velcro is a bad choice Id go with 3M dual lock...contact flysky and see if they will do anything.heard guys with a windows comp have ok luck...got any access to 1?I use 2 different gps units . a Magellan and a roadrunner
I have contacted RCSKY but to be honest this has been going on for quite a few weeks and still waiting for them to come back to me, then a few weeks ago they said they were closing for Chinese New Year but were back on the 22nd and would get back to me - 1 week after they have returned - nothing!!! I attached the velcro to the body of the unit not the cover for the battery - but that cover is not a good fit which I guess is why it just fell of and was lost!!! Doing a factory reset will not help as I still need to connect it to my Apple computer to set it up for use and obtain data from it. I do not have access to a Windows computer but on their website it say work with Apple as well as Windows.. Thanks very much for your help and suggestions.

Back