SKYRC GNSS Holder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If anyone has a speedrun car or whatever and has a SKYRC GNSS here I made this ready to print 2 pieces must drill holes to secure pieces together, but here you go https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5561241

58F614B8-707A-4E3A-B50C-5F58AEB9B0F6.jpeg

Also to see all updates and designs go follow my Instagram just hit 1k followers recently https://instagram.com/addict.rc?r=nametag

You have to model the holes in. Drilling and threading screws into 3d printed parts doesn't really work because the parts are typically not solid. So you will be drilling into voids that won't be strong enough to hold a screw.

You have to model the holes in. Drilling and threading screws into 3d printed parts doesn't really work because the parts are typically not solid. So you will be drilling into voids that won't be strong enough to hold a screw.
Oh ok thanks for telling me I will

Oh ok thanks for telling me I will
When you model in let's say a hole to thread a 3mm bolt into, it is best to model it around 2.8mm or so. Small holes tend to print a little smaller, so modeling it at 2.8mm may yield a 2.5mm hole. That should give the screw enough bite, and you may even have to drill them out slightly, but it depends on the printer too.

When you model in let's say a hole to thread a 3mm bolt into, it is best to model it around 2.8mm or so. Small holes tend to print a little smaller, so modeling it at 2.8mm may yield a 2.5mm hole. That should give the screw enough bite, and you may even have to drill them out slightly, but it depends on the printer too.
Ok Thanks for telling me this very helpful

I would actually hold off on uploading files to Thingiverse until you at least get some test prints done. If someone downloads your files and prints something that doesn't work, they're going to be pretty ticked off. Prints take hours and hours to complete, running up your electric bill, costing filament, etc. So uploading untested files is a pretty bad thing to do. That is the main reason I don't download anything off Thingiverse, and prefer designing my own stuff.

I would actually hold off on uploading files to Thingiverse until you at least get some test prints done. If someone downloads your files and prints something that doesn't work, they're going to be pretty ticked off. Prints take hours and hours to complete, running up your electric bill, costing filament, etc. So uploading untested files is a pretty bad thing to do. That is the main reason I don't download anything off Thingiverse, and prefer designing my own stuff.
You just described the best reason to learn to model things.. Many files on Thingiverse are suspect at best.. Very bad news for the newbs..LOL Its super important to print your designs before you post them.. Many times have I adjusted a design because it doesn't print out right.. designs can be "optimized" for printing for sure .. Great example is something like rib thickness or thin wall thicknesses.. I design rib/thin wall thicknesses in increments of .4 (.4, .8, 1.2, ETC.)so its .4 nozzle friendly and you dont end up with voids in thin places.

Last edited:
Ok the only problem is, is that I dont have a 3d printer and I would have to try to get my uncle to print it then have him ship it but I dont have the gps i took measurements maybe I could bring it to the RC shop at the event at the end of the month see if anyone has one and if it works give it to them

Well, it's perfectly fine to practice modeling stuff up til you get a printer. I just wouldn't upload them til you know the part works.

Back