Since I am getting 2.8 wheels/tires - What gearing should I put in it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So I already got the rear tires. The front tires are coming in this weekend. I still have the stock 16/90 gearing. I seen people down the pinion to a 14. Looking at other traxxas monster trucks like the stampede 2wd. The stampede 2wd (brushed) gearing is 16/90. The Bigfoot gearing is 14/90. So I am just wondering if i should stay with the stock 16 pinion or down it to a 14. Amain Hobbies on one of their videos says that you can keep the stock 16 pinion but watch motor temps. For the body mounts I'm getting the proline ones but I wont be getting them till Christmas. I like the proline body mounts and everyone should agree with me. You don't have to deal with body pins. Also you have alot of adjustability. Also I ordered a set of body scissors. And I'm planning to get a new body. If you want to see the new tires - last post

I would temp it at the stock gearing and see what happens. if it gets to hot then step down a couple of teeth and try again. Rinse and repeat until it doesn't overheat.

Back