SIGNS OF LIFE!!! I saw a switch ON the King Cab itself and things lit up inside. Still no movement...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ BEEN RUNNING IT FOR THE PAST 10 MINUTES!!!

My two rear tires are kind of tilted IN and maybe FLAT, but. SHE GOES!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's great!

Flat spots are do to sitting for long periods.
I'm not sure about that model ,but most cars today have adjustable tie rods to adjust the camber &
toe-in ,toe-out on the wheels ,that could be your tilt!

I see your having fun!...
1538323660476.png

I'm not sure if there's an adjustable link on it since some of them are factory set "Tilted in". If it's adjustable, turn the links till the rear tires are only 1 or 2 degrees of Toe In. That keeps the rear tracking in a straight line. No toe or toe out will make it very squirrely.
On second look it appears you have the adjustable links in the rear. It's the metal rod with a ball connector at each end. You'll also have them up front for alignment.

I'm gonna go give it another run before dinner. I can't get really accurate reading on the battery pack with my VM. I just know.. I run it until it stops.. Discharge it twice (two turns of the dial) on the old school "What is that power meter even saying" MRC... (the one I had used to work, the power meter. It went all the way up when charged, and all the way down when discharged. This one is different, has no rhyme nor reason but whatever.) And then charge it back up, again, two clicks, until the battery is nice and warm.

IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ See the toe-in? :(

She rides just fine, but.. I go easy. Still SO MUCH FUN!

I was also gonna get either these... or these. My MRC been charging and discharging em lol...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=7JA3S3KWD2WRP4W1B7BE

vs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AUI37E...&pd_rd_r=21f42135-c4fc-11e8-85d4-ef9f8da44be6

I see your addiction!.......but no ,I wouldn't go that route!

I would do a brushless & ESC mod with lipo batt.s!

The are pretty reasonable ,you will get way better run times ,per say 30 minute runs ,
you will enjoy it better!

But don't go over board ,because that old running gear may not be able to handle it!...:cool:

I think that I payed less than 60 bucks for all of this brushless package!...
The car had 40 minutes of run time in one charge!...:cool:

^ I think I have a 30,000RPM motor in mine? :D

I used to have like 3 or 4 spare engines. I was really stupid with who I showed, where I kept it, etc. I believe them gone forever......

I leave the plastic wrap on the body because it makes it look like it went through something, lol. I'm easy to please at this point :D

Picture number three... Not sure what kind of motor that is. Maybe someone will know...

tmzsjXu.jpg

TlnmS0X.jpg

lF0stxa.jpg

V6mRfwv.jpg

And... The old setup.

PsSqls8.jpg

Today is the first time this has ran since I have owned it, and I have had this for almost 5 years. The body is clearly not a King Cab.. I am ok with that, I no longer care lol. Today was fun. :) That last run on my battery only lasted like a minute. I am DEEP discharging it this time.. I think I may get a better charger soon. , happy this one works at all LOL but hey, it is guesstimation LOL......

... How does she look, anyways? :D

Not sure what kind of motor that is. Maybe someone will know...

Reedy Radon 17t 540 motor that's a good motor for a brushed motor not a motor to push a lot of weight but pretty quick.

I leave the plastic wrap on the body because it makes it look like it went through something, lol. I'm easy to please at this point :D

Picture number three... Not sure what kind of motor that is. Maybe someone will know...

tmzsjXu.jpg

TlnmS0X.jpg

lF0stxa.jpg

V6mRfwv.jpg

And... The old setup.

PsSqls8.jpg

Today is the first time this has ran since I have owned it, and I have had this for almost 5 years. The body is clearly not a King Cab.. I am ok with that, I no longer care lol. Today was fun. :) That last run on my battery only lasted like a minute. I am DEEP discharging it this time.. I think I may get a better charger soon. , happy this one works at all LOL but hey, it is guesstimation LOL......

... How does she look, anyways? :D

She looks good for the age ,I would not spend a whole lot on it ,not through amazon anyway!
You get way better prices on those batteries through Ebay ,heck ,they almost give them away!

That truck is considered vintage an is a collector item ,you should restore an shelf it for a
conversation piece ,I have several shelf queens!....:cool:

If any RC investment ,I would seriously look for a good used kit on Ebay ,That's what I've been doing ,
is checking ebay for deals ,seen some good ones!

I've only bought two of my RC's brand new ,the rest I bought in parts an as used rollers
on ebay ,I have 11 or 12 of them!

She looks good for the age ,I would not spend a whole lot on it ,not through amazon anyway!
You get way better prices on those batteries through Ebay ,heck ,they almost give them away!

That truck is considered vintage an is a collector item ,you should restore an shelf it for a
conversation piece ,I have several shelf queens!....:cool:

If any RC investment ,I would seriously look for a good used kit on Ebay ,That's what I've been doing ,
is checking ebay for deals ,seen some good ones!

I've only bought two of my RC's brand new ,the rest I bought in parts an as used rollers
on ebay ,I have 11 or 12 of them!

Same here used is where it's at I have only regretted a couple purchases but I did not pay much for them anyways and have worked as parts donors. I enjoy the tearing down and building them back up about the closet thing to building one besides buying a Tamiya kit nowadays. Pick and choose what you want to put in them.

Same here used is where it's at I have only regretted a couple purchases but I did not pay much for them anyways and have worked as parts donors. I enjoy the tearing down and building them back up about the closet thing to building one besides buying a Tamiya kit nowadays. Pick and choose what you want to put in them.

I here that!....:thumbs-up:
E-bay isn't like it use to be 10 yrs ago ,you use to get expensive hop-up parts like Hardcore ,Mip axles an stuff
like that dirt cheap!

Check these deals out!...:naughty::naughty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tower-Hobb...686505?hash=item23ab78f5a9:g:DuUAAOSw9~5bsPhn

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Assoc...708581?hash=item1eeb7abda5:g:hwEAAOSw1AhbpYJQ

If I remember correctly, the old MRC timer charger needed about 20-25 minutes to charge a 1200mah battery. So that makes it about a 2 or 3 amp charger? For that 5000mah pack you linked, it will need 2-3 hours to charge. So start cranking that timer, 8-12 times per charge...

But the run time will be long, 30-45 minutes. Which may be long enough to burn up an old brushed motor in a few runs. Thy only seemed to last a long time back in the day because we could only run them 4-5 minutes per battery - so may be 1-2 hours total life out of a set of brushes, if you were lucky. Look to the crawler shops to find replacement brushes for that motor.
:)

If I remember correctly, the old MRC timer charger needed about 20-25 minutes to charge a 1200mah battery. So that makes it about a 2 or 3 amp charger? For that 5000mah pack you linked, it will need 2-3 hours to charge. So start cranking that timer, 8-12 times per charge...

But the run time will be long, 30-45 minutes. Which may be long enough to burn up an old brushed motor in a few runs. Thy only seemed to last a long time back in the day because we could only run them 4-5 minutes per battery - so may be 1-2 hours total life out of a set of brushes, if you were lucky. Look to the crawler shops to find replacement brushes for that motor.
:)

Ahh... Don't want to run it too long, to burn it up? :D

Yeah, I'm still using the MRC, off that one pack.

I may give it a run today.. I don't know.

Maybe charge it up like 45 minutes.. Should I do the same, to DIS-charge it, after a run?

Ahh... Don't want to run it too long, to burn it up? :D

It depends on temp yes you can burn thru brushes but you can smoke any motor running too hot. Get a temp IR gun like this https://www.harborfreight.com/non-contact-pocket-thermometer-93983.html or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-In...m=312162375906&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226 and keep temps under 160F throughout your run then don't worry be happy. On 7.2v nimh you should be fine as long as the motor does not get too hot I did not start smoking brushed motors fast until I stated using 8.4v nimh and lipos but of course more voltage made the motors run hotter.

Yeah, I'm still using the MRC, off that one pack.

I may give it a run today.. I don't know.

Maybe charge it up like 45 minutes.. Should I do the same, to DIS-charge it, after a run?

Get a inexpensive charger like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Imax-B...m=252338832138&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226 easy to use (to me anyways) cheap charge lipos also and do charge discharge cycles.

It depends on temp yes you can burn thru brushes but you can smoke any motor running too hot. Get a temp IR gun like this https://www.harborfreight.com/non-contact-pocket-thermometer-93983.html or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Infrared-Temperature-Gun-Non-contact-IR-Laser-Thermometer-FDA-Approved/312162375906?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=54463&meid=424eef6146884cf380f35e66c19df100&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=312162375906&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226 and keep temps under 160F throughout your run then don't worry be happy. On 7.2v nimh you should be fine as long as the motor does not get too hot I did not start smoking brushed motors fast until I stated using 8.4v nimh and lipos but of course more voltage made the motors run hotter.

Get a inexpensive charger like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Imax-B6AC-50W-AC-DC-Dual-Power-Balance-Charger-For-RC-Lipo-NiCd-Battery/252338832138?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=54463&meid=39233fa1a8ba414fb999f4a3f63dc35a&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=252338832138&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226 easy to use (to me anyways) cheap charge lipos also and do charge discharge cycles.
Yes, X2 to all of this.

Should I do the same, to DIS-charge it, after a run?

If you run it till it won't move / very slowly moves, you don't really need to discharge it any more.

Back