Sick of carnage stock parts braking. Any advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The crazy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Every time I take my ftx out for a run some part breaks today the front differential broke. Starting to get expensive for an affordable rc car

Affordable RC cars are not a real thing ;)

In all seriousness, the old saying usually applies - you get what you pay for. I'm not familiar with the FTX, they do look to be rather inexpensive for nitro vehicles, maybe inline with Redcat and some other's pricepoints. The problem with cars like this is that the durability is going to be a problem unless you spend money on upgrades(if even available). In the end you're better off buying a more proven brand that can handle what it is that you do, as you'll replace parts less often, have access to good upgrades, etc.

There aren’t really any upgrades for FTX RCs, you might want to get an Arrma or Traxxas 4x4 3s RC. I recommend the Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX or Traxxas Slash Ultimate as a good and durable RC.

I am a former motorcycle racer:

"If you are not breaking things (or crashing) you are not having enough fun."

I am a former motorcycle racer:

"If you are not breaking things (or crashing) you are not having enough fun."
As a former mx racer also, I agree wholeheartedly! I’m relatively new to RC but have broken my fair share of stuff and then some. It can get frustrating at times. I can empathize with the OP but you either fix/upgrade what you can or get a more reliable RC. Unfortunately that costs money. Hopefully you can find something within your budget that won’t break as often. Guys on here have said this isn’t an inexpensive hobby and I am convinced they are right. Less expensive than dirt bikes but still pricey. Best of luck!

Every time I take my ftx out for a run some part breaks today the front differential broke. Starting to get expensive for an affordable rc car
Don’t take this the wrong way, as I know you spent valuable money on your car, but the FTX is never going to cut it for you. The cheap Chinese brands literally ruin the nitro hobby for thousands of people. Nitro rc is not affordable, and the more expensive kits and REady to Runs are more expensive for a reason. I’ve been around redcats, hsp brand, and FtX and not one person I know can run more then a couple tanks without problems. You can either:
A. Keep it but keep fixing it almost every time you run like my dad does
B. Or save up and buy a better kit that will literally run perfectly over and over with proper maintence for years.