Show me your drag cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started as a brushed 2wd Slash.

28D4D87F-75FB-41C5-8C90-A9F46994BB2A_Original.jpeg

52E4EC73-99BD-4F3D-8E16-FBF1AA8F88C9_Original.jpeg

All of mine here - no plans to build any more, only maintain/upgrade these four.

I drive these two:
20230902_081530.jpg

And my brother-in-law drives this pair:
20230904_162707.jpg

Nitro Street Eliminator is taking off nationwide. For years I pleaded with the brushless guys to let me run with them because I couldn't find anyone to race with/against, and I was constantly rejected, even ridiculed. However, at the end of 2021 I saw some movement and interest. I managed to get in a couple of events and show that nitro SE's could be fast. Even won an event.

Now in 2023 there are nitro SE groups popping up everywhere. Little fires, spreading. In the southeast, it's an inferno, as well as Chicago. My region is starting to see some big flames too. We no longer worry about trying to join brushless events, as the nitro events are now quite often. Our guys used to bring their brushless cars with them to our list TnT's and list races for extra fun, and don't even bother anymore :)

The nitro SE cars have gotten much, much better and faster this year. We are putting up dry-tire numbers that are very good. (note, we do not use tire prep in our group, and I could go on and on about why). I'd put our cars up against any brushless car on dry tire. Here's a video of my big block Viper taking out a 3s brushless car earlier in the year during some TnT.

Now here's the kicker - that wasn't my best hit by far (and not the only brushless car I beat). I was tentative on the launch and then caught off guard a bit by how hard it hooked up, so I really didn't give it anywhere close to full throttle ;)

IMG_6557.jpeg
IMG_6876.jpeg
IMG_6529.png
IMG_6268.jpeg
IMG_6808.png
IMG_6884.jpeg
IMG_6883.png
IMG_6882.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpeg
IMG_6923.png

Pics are all of the same car, just different bodies. Itā€™s a FiveStar Hobbies Furi V2. The ā€œWildcardā€ body ended up getting destroyed/hung on the wall after finishing 3rd out of 278 entries at 419 Summer Slam 2023.

The blue Shark Psycho won numerous local races, won the 2023 Clash of the Titans race series for our local group, and took home the W at Redemption 3.0 this year.

Also, finished top 25 out of 2xx entries at Superchips 2023, and 4th at the RCDRL Super Nationals in Dallas.

Itā€™s been a hell of a year, and to date, itā€™s won right at $8K so far this year. Weā€™re headed to the big Clash of the Titans national race in Okcheebee,FL next weekend.

You sound like you had some serious fun, and cash. Good for you. šŸ

Serpent NATRIX 750e

Built this in Jan this year, still havenā€™t dragged it. From what Iā€™ve seen, they go bout 1.5 1.6 @ 109-112

Camber looks off, no pack weight.
IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpeg

Back