Should the rear axle carriers be tight or loose like the fronts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfarron1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Put the RPM A-Arms and Axle Carriers on a while back, I know you gotta leave the front axle carriers loose some so the wheels can turn but what about the back... Do you leave them a lil loose or tighten them ?

I have them loose now and it just doesn't seem right, But I wanted to ask first to be sure...

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

I'm not a Traxxas man so I don't have a definitive answer to your question, however. I would assume they are suppose to be loose enough to allow the carrier to ride up and down as the rear suspension is working. At least that's how it is on my LST. It uses pins and e-clips so it's plenty loose.

The axle carriers...

hmm how do I describe them ....

They should not be locked tight because as the suspension moves you need a little bit of movement in them. Not real loose, but loose enough to allow it to move smoothly up and down.

They should not be locked tight because as the suspension moves you need a little bit of movement in them. Not real loose, but loose enough to allow it to move smoothly up and down.

I think I have em TOO loose.. I will tighten them a little and see how that is...

Thanks!

It should be tight enough its not real slopy but not to tight were it binds.;) Sometimes shims are needed.

Last edited:
Pretty sure your talking about the pillow ball/cap that the axle carriers connect to the arms with.

Disconnect the bottom end of your shocks, then tighten the balls until you get them just barely snug, then move the arms up/down to make sure they don't bind. If they bind, loosen the caps a hair until they don't. It's easier to tell if it's binding with the shocks disconnected.

Pretty sure your talking about the pillow ball/cap that the axle carriers connect to the arms with.

Disconnect the bottom end of your shocks, then tighten the balls until you get them just barely snug, then move the arms up/down to make sure they don't bind. If they bind, loosen the caps a hair until they don't. It's easier to tell if it's binding with the shocks disconnected.

Yes, This is what I'm talking about...

Thank you all for the replies!

Much appericated!