Should I get Ball Bearings for my Maxx. ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey!

I just stumbled upon the complete ball bearing set from DuraTrax on Tower while in a shopping frenzy.

Allready placed my $200 order though, but Theres enough stuff I "need" to place another. My bank account manager -> :stick: <-- me

What will my benbefits be. Less wear I guess. But will it unload some of the other components on the maxx.

I ordered the RPM axle carriers allready also because of the big(er) bearings.

Just wanted to hear some opinions from you guys.

Anyone actually has complete ball bearings in their truck ??

Regards

The Maxx already comes complete with bearings. No need to buy a new set unless you're worried the stock set is trashed...

The T-Maxx has complete metal-shielded ball bearings through out the truck already. Are you looking to upgrade to better bearings? If you're looking to upgrade you might want to go with rubber shielded bearings. Here's two companies that offer good bearings.

Team Blue Star

Acer Racing

I only have experience with the Team Blue Star and they work great. As for the Acer bearings, Blazer has experience with them.

HUH !! It does :smart:

Man do I feel stupid now. Just the other day I gave the maxx a complete clean / service / look for broken stuff / "insert here" while I wait for some shipments from tower (grrr bend my front right turnbuckle) :thumbdown

Then I looked and it seems like there were some quite heavy wear on the axle carriers (hence the reason I ordered the RPM ones)

I thought it might need bearings and then I found the complete set and thought it might be a hop-up.

Well I guess you learn a little something new every day.

Thanks for the reply.

-----> big kal

The Team Blue Star BB set has 33 pcs. in it and the DuraTrax 29.

Whazzup with that ?

How do I know how many is needed. ? I think I will buy a replacement set anyway, just in case, even though I'm now somewhat enlightened and the Maxx is full BB equipped.

Regards.

Back